Join Our Head Office
Themed Events – Business Development Manager
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public food and beverage in the UK. We operate at over 400 events each year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone Circuit and Twickenham Stadium and have established excellent supplier relationships with market-leading partners across numerous platforms.
We are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to oversee the delivery of an exclusive event in the UK 2022, whilst scoping its possible extension within the UK 2023 onwards and helping to manage other activities in 2023. This role will manage all the main 3rd party operational client relationships on behalf of Freemans whilst co-ordinating all other internal and on-site direct and indirect stakeholders, ensuring the preparation, build and delivery of a first-class service for our clients, customers, and suppliers; maximising the profitability of the events whilst ensuring that the compliance of all company and individual country legislative / trading policies and requirements are met.
The main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Meeting with clients and key project stakeholders internally and externally to identify project requirements, delivery timelines, costs, and geographical tweaks to the existing UK 2021 blueprint.
- Identifying & summarising the key success factors from the 2021 event, honing these to enhance the customer offer and commercial benefit for the 2022 events.
- Identifying the solutions which will de-risk the key areas of impact of this exciting project on the potential stretch to the main FEP Holdings Group / Business. Working alongside all the key FEP departments who will also play a key part in the successful delivery of these events.
- Developing detailed project plans to guide clients, key team players and project teams through the planning and approval process.
- Monitoring project performance to ensure timely delivery to budgeted requirements.
- Compiling and submitting project status reports to clients, management and other stakeholders.
- Working effectively with all relevant stakeholders and suppliers to deliver the project implementation efficiently.
- Developing excellent leadership, customer relations and communication skills to liaise effectively with all project stakeholders.
- Oversee the transition from project planning to operational execution and mobilisation in the UK and European locations.
- Contribute to the overall successful commercial & operational performance of the event through making recommendations for improvements to the on-site policies and procedures, sales building, cost savings and new product/service offerings.
- 1st class delivery of a solid above budget P&L performance for each event for FEP and the client where applicable. Keeping all costs in line with budgeted expectations, negotiating hard with the client and other 3rd parties where required to ensure FEP costs are kept to a minimum.
- Managing team workload in order to meet goals and deadlines.
- Supervise all aspects of your team’s performance; monitoring, encouraging, coaching, guiding, and leading by example, and tackling any performance issues as they arise.
- Promote and enforce health and safety in the workplace to ensure the welfare of your team (both on and off site), ensuring they are transported safely, appropriately accommodated, receive appropriate breaks, time off and are treated respectfully in line with all company policies.
- Take into consideration sustainable solutions and best practices to ensure we take responsibility for reducing our impact on the environment and support the companywide sustainability strategy.
We are looking for candidates with the following knowledge, experience and skills;
- Previous experience of project development with global clients.
- Strong project management experience.
- Proven large scale event management skills.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective business and customer relationships.
- Customer focused, driven by achievement and results, with the ability to present and sell an extended service offering.
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen, with a good grasp of profit and loss and the ability to apply to operational decisions.
- Good standard of administrative, numeracy and literacy ability, and fully IT literate (Excel to Intermediate level).
- Full valid UK driving license.
- Full Valid UK Passport.
- Degree in Operations Management in the business field or equivalent preferred.
- Comfortable with extensive travel under their own initiative.
- Resilient, tenacious, good attention to detail.
- Flexible, adaptable, and calm when working under pressure.
- Positive, self-motivated, good sense of humour.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, ability to use their initiative as required.
- Honest and dependable.
- Passionate about events, brands, and food & beverage service in high output environments.
- Prepared to travel across multiple regions within Europe (potentially) and able and willing to stay away from home frequently.
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance per year plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!