Freemans Event Partners Challenge 25 Company Policy (TEMPLATE)
FREEMANS EVENT PARTNERS operate a ‘Challenge 25’ age verification policy. This means that if a person looks under the age of 25 years of age they must prove they are over 18 years old, by presenting an acceptable form of photo identification bearing their photograph, date of birth, and a holographic/ultraviolet mark. The Challenge 25 FREEMANS EVENT PARTNERS Group Company Policy and Procedure has been put in place to not only protect the business but also the employees, sub-contractors and anyone else affiliated with the company including the venue/customer.
The following procedure must be complied with at every event where FREEMANS EVENT PARTNERS sell alcohol:
- FREEMANS EVENT PARTNERS will have a list of all operators on site including Personal Licence holders details on each bar prior to the event. Any changes to staff must be reported to Freemans Event Partners Management.
- ‘Challenge 25’ Test purchasing will occur on random bars at (Event Name) and feedback will be presented.
- A training representative will provide staff training before and during the event, utilising the Challenge 25 presentation along with practical examples.
- Every bar on site must have at least 3 x A3 Challenge 25 posters clearly visible.
- A4 Challenge 25 posters will also be displayed at till points.
- Training Events will be held prior to the event at the FREEMANS EVENT PARTNERS head office and on site whereby any staff working on FREEMANS EVENT PARTNERS Bars, and or subcontractor bars MUST attend. Training will include: Challenge 25, Conflict Management and dealing with drunk customers.
- This training must be documented (syllabus, who delivered it, when and where), auditable and signed for by the recipient and be available for examination at reasonable request by police or authorised officer.
- Each staff member, following training/on site refresher training and signing of the register, will receive a ‘Challenge Trained’ wristband to indicate that they have completed the training. The register will be held by the staffing team.
- Each bar will also have written ‘Authority to serve alcohol’.
- Every bar on site MUST be given a Challenge 25 Policy folder which clearly identifies the issues and provides the following:
- Points of Contact
- Challenge 25 Briefing
- Examples of acceptable forms of ID
- Refusal of Service & Conflict Management
- Handling fake/false ID
- An example of the date of birth relevant to customer being 18
- A refusal register (all staff must fill in details of customers that have been refused service)
- Authority to Serve Alcohol
- SIA Security Personnel Log
- Incident form – this form should be used to document any issues relevant to any of the licensing objectives that may have happened during the day, or for accidents & injury
- Fake ID documents – for logging the surrender of suspected fake ID, receipts & sealable envelopes
The policy folder, including all documents relating to staff training, refusals, incident forms etc. must be handed into FREEMANS EVENT PARTNERS Management at the end of each day. This is the responsibility of the Personal Licence Holder and Bar Manager.
Should an incident occur the steps outlined below must be adhered to at all times:
- Contact the appropriate FREEMANS EVENT PARTNERS Manager for the venue.
- Fill in the Incident Report Form within your Challenge 25 Policy pack.
- Obtain a statement from the member of staff involved in the incident.
- Obtain a statement from the Bar Manager from the site involved in the incident.
- Where possible obtain a statement from the customer/staff member.
TESTING & SPOT CHECKS
Please be reminded that testing on Challenge 25, dealing with drunk customers and conflict management will occur at events randomly. Staff may be asked individually and Bar Managers may be asked to show proof of training/ briefing documents.
IF AT ANY POINT YOU ARE UNSURE OF ANY OF THE ABOVE STEPS PLEASE CONTACT A FREEMANS EVENT PARTNERS MANAGER WHO WILL GO THROUGH ANY ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE.
ACCOUNT MANAGER OF THE EVENT DETAILS HERE AS BELOW
Staff Briefing Notes
Please cover all of the below points in the staff briefing before you open for service.
Introduce your staffing officer who can cover welfare, breaks, hours and timesheets.
|Thank you for coming, hope you enjoy your day.|
|Introduce yourself, key members of staff and security.|
|HEALTH & SAFETY|
|Safety is everyone’s responsibility, but I am here to help.|
|Identify Fire exits / Fire Safety / Muster Point.|
|What to do in case of accident or injury + incident report forms.|
|Manual Handling – very important for those doing lifting & carrying.|
|Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – very important for those doing lifting & carrying.|
|All staff should be aware of importance and completed training & wearing wristband.|
|Fancy dress and makeup can alter appearance – check ID photo and be certain.|
|If any doubt or queries, ask for assistance from manager or security.|
|All refusals to be noted in log book.|
|All staff to keep count of how many ID checks they do each day – note on log sheet.|
|Advise of date to check for on ID – highlight posters on display.|
|Food & Breaks – when breaks are, when food is served, what you are allowed to drink.|
|Where the staffing area is – seating / toilets.|
|Please ensure to wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.|
|Any issues, please speak to the manager of staffing officer.|
|Make sure you sign in and out!|
|Introduce the drinks menu; how to serve and ask them to become familiar with prices.|
|Till training will be provided by the cash team shortly.|
|Let the staff know where the nearest public water point is.|
|Encourage quick, efficient and friendly service!|
|SEARCHES & ETIQUETTE|
|Please ensure you have handed in and declared all valuables and money.|
|You may be searched during your shift. This is as much for your protection and as ours.|
|This applies to all staff, including managers.|
|No drinking alcohol or giving away free drinks.|
|Failure to comply with company policies may result in termination of your working agreement; all policies are available in the staff handbook.|
|ANY QUESTIONS? HAVE A GREAT DAY!|
Sign & date to confirm you have completed the above briefing.