Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public bars and catering in the UK; we operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
Our Catering team provides premium on-the-go food at guaranteed quality. We use only the best ingredients and our buying power ensures that we source and deliver highly attractive food options that we actively promote to event-goers. Our Catering division is looking for someone to join their team, as a Project Manager. This role will support the Head of Special Projects with the implementation of Group projects, supporting the growth and long-term strategy of our food and drink proposition, using an integrated approach with internal and external stakeholders, with appropriate planning in line with set budgets, effectively managing projects from their conception through to completion.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifying and implementing projects approved by the Head of Special Projects and the Group to support the growth and development strategy of the Group as a whole;
- Assisting the Head of Special Projects with presenting business cases, with a view to obtaining buy-in from the business for each proposed new project;
- Assisting with tender processes for new projects;
- Assisting with budget planning, target setting, reviewing, analysing and performance reporting on each project;
- Supporting the management of projects from conception through to completion, communicating clear, deliverables and timelines to all involved;
- Where required, supporting the menu development for each project, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring all food is of the highest quality and focusing on cost control and margins;
- Managing third-party suppliers and equipment, agreeing robust Service Level Agreements, working with the agreed supplier list and escalating any issues to the Head of Special Project where necessary, with suggestions for possible resolution plans;
- Assisting the Head of Special Projects in determining functional and spatial requirements for new structures or renovations;
- Promptly identifying and escalating any current or potential issues and suggesting contingency plans to correct and ensure projects are kept on track in line within budget and expectations;
- Ensuring Health & Safety and Food Safety policies and processes, building regulations, planning permissions are in place and complied with for all new builds and renovations;
- Working to and reporting on project milestones to ensure successful completion of projects within budget, providing detailed cost reports, reconciliations with budgets and reports on variances;
- Managing and communicating performance against targets;
- Monitoring industry food and drink trends, ensuring that the Division offering remains current and contributes towards business development.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proven experience at working in a food/drink retail environment managing projects which involve refurbishment, renovation and fitout of restaurants, retail spaces and/or catering outlets;
- Track record of developing and managing effective projects that include developing and working to tight timelines, performance monitoring and resolution, budget management, compliance with legislation and best practice and managing internal and external business relationships;
- Ability to analyse data and report onwards in a clear and meaningful way;
- Previous experience of coordinating catering at events and creating menu offerings in line with market trends;
- Good working knowledge and practical application of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety legislation;
- Good working knowledge of relevant equipment, materials, power supply, etc, for fitting out kitchens/restaurants;
- Proven success at managing multiple projects;
- Strong communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills, with the ability to resolve conflicts where necessary;
- Good IT skills, particularly in Excel and Project Management software;
- Full UK Current driving licence.
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous 28 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme. As well as a fantastic, fun working environment with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.
Location: Head Office and Event Sites
Days of work: 5 in 7 days
For the full job description, click here.Apply Now