Join Our Head Office
Operations Project Manager
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events each year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone Circuit and Twickenham Stadium and have established excellent supplier relationships with market-leading partners across numerous platforms.
We are currently looking for an Operations Project Manager to join our Bars Division. This role will involve planning, managing and overseeing operations event delivery for Freemans Event Partners, ensuring we deliver a first-class service for the client and customers. The successful candidate will maximise the profitability of events through detailed effective planning, coordination, communication, and the continuous development of our people.
Main duties and responsibilities;
- Establish, implement and communicate the operations policies, processes and measures to ensure the performance of the team meets the needs of division, clients, partners and the wider Group.
- Manage all event projects and support the team with planning tools to ensure we have a detailed plan for the event season and external projects.
- Liaise daily with the Head of Operations providing updates on planning projects across all events.
- Hold detailed weekly meetings to report on all projects and events with the Director, Finance Business Partner & Head of Operations and other divisions where appropriate.
- Oversee the day-to-day operational requirements for the on and off-site functions.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of front and back of house operations, ensuring all company operating standards and procedures are adhered to, monitoring performance and directing/coaching/troubleshooting as required.
- Collaborate with the Stock Manager to ensure a sufficient stock provision is available for upcoming events ensuring the stock process is understood and adhered to by the wider operations team.
- Liaise with the Stock Manager and Senior Event and Logistics Manager as appropriate to understand the requirement of brand partner promotions on site and in turn communicate to the operations teams to ensure successful implementation and revenue optimisation.
- Liaise with the Head of Workforce and Senior Event and Logistics Manager to ensure sufficient notice is provided to fulfil all staffing requirements.
- Manage and develop the operations team; monitoring, and leading by example, and tackling any performance issues as they arise, liaising with the HR Department as appropriate.
- Establish, implement and develop divisional standards, policies, processes and measures to ensure performance meets the needs of clients, partners and the Group.
- Liaise closely with client representatives to obtain all necessary event information and ensure their needs are fully understood.
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are communicated and adhered to by all event personnel, updating policies and practices when necessary and taking the required action when these are not followed.
- Ensure all financial information is effectively communicated and understood by the wider operations team.
- Assist in the detailed analysis of events and bars post-event against forecasts, identifying areas of underperformance and/or inaccurate forecasting, and making recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- Take into consideration sustainable solutions and best practices to ensure we take responsibility for reducing our impact on the environment and support the companywide sustainability strategy.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business.
We are looking for individuals with the following knowledge, experience and skills;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing operations in a high volume, event-lead industry
- A minimum of 3 years in managing projects
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective business and customer relationships
- Customer focused and driven by results and achievement
- Good commercial sense with effective negotiation skills
- Demonstrable ability to lead a team, managing performance, coaching and handling conflict
- Good administrative skills and attention to detail
- Full experience of current Health and Safety legislation and practical application
- Good level of literacy and numeracy and proven ability to forecast and manage budgets
- Good organisation and planning skills, and an understanding of the need to forecast and manage stock effectively
- Confident and competent user of MS Office, with the ability to create and manipulate data using spreadsheets
- Current full UK driving
- Trained and qualified in Health & Safety to IOSH or NEBOSH standard
- Operational event experience
- Project Management planning tools.
- Independent and able to use your initiative to solve problems
- Resilient, operates well under pressure
- Dependable, honest, good sense of humour
- Results driven and customer focussed
- Entrepreneurial flair
- Able and willing to stay away from home frequently
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!