Head of Stock & Logistics
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK; we operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
Our Bars Division is loving for an enthusiastic individual to join their team. This person will be responsible for managing our RTM partners, to create a competitive core range of products which delivers our strategy for profit & margin. Ensure all stock is managed effectively both at Head Office and in the event area. Manage all stock logistics to ensure most efficient route to the festival site. Produce reports to show stock usage for events, monthly & yearly comparisons. Overall responsibility for the management and development of the Stock & Warehouse team.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contract negotiation of RTM partner;
- Produce all stock orders for each event;
- Ensure menu spreadsheet is produced in line with this;
- Ensure sponsorship products are used at all times;
- Maintain GP on all products;
- Identify effective commercial routes to market for chosen products. Including Support requirements, challenging price/kickbacks/poor supply/inconsistent paper trails etc.;
- Make recommendations for developing the product category and strategy, create a competitive core range of products;
- Deliver and report on performance against agreed targets/KPI’s/budgets on a regular basis including annual sales, profit and supplier income for assigned categories;
- Identify, assess and consolidated supplier base for current requirements whilst building relationships to improve quality, service and costs for the future;
- Maintain detailed analyses of key accounts, working in close liaison with Finance and Sales, tracking targets and thresholds in line with contracts;
- Monitor supplier performance, undertaking audits as required, and resolve any non-conformance issues;
- Undertake the procurement of selected products to achieve a high level of profit for the company and quality for our customers;
- Support sales including tender submissions in sourcing and providing competitive cost prices for new and/or substitute products;
- Develop training plans with staffing team/HR to ensure staff are upskilled, to drive product quality and consistency is maximised;
- Ensure group policy and procedures are maintained through team;
- Manage overall process of stock & logistics while on site at events & at HQ;
- Keep abreast of industry news and developments and identify both challenges and opportunities that may play a role in the future of the business;
- Maintain accurate records of all agreements and transactions, ensuring departmental systems and procedures are adhered to, and contribute to the development of all processes;
- Daily management of the Stock Manager and stock team through effective performance management and coaching. Develop simple, efficient systems and processes for them to utilise;
- Produce timely & accurate reports for each event & report to client Director & Finance team;
- Ensure all reports are accurate & have been analysed to ensure accuracy & protect profit margin;
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business;
- Manage Stock & Supply Chain Manager to ensure that correct job Spec processes are followed in office and on site.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Previous experience of working with drinks stock – preferably within festivals & events;
- A good level of product knowledge and industry understanding;
- Good numeracy and literacy ability. Fully IT literate;
- Capable of using Excel at Intermediate/advanced level;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective business and customer relationships;
- Customer focused and driven by results and achievement;
- Comfortable working under pressure in a competitive market place to gain market advantage;
- Good commercial knowledge;
- Ability to analyse data to advise on business strategy & development;
- Warehouse management experience;
- Good working knowledge of SAGE system & stock monitoring ability;
- Demonstrable ability to lead a team, Inc. managing performance, coaching and handling/resolving conflict;
- Demonstrable organisation and planning skills, and an understanding of the need to forecast and manage all members of the stock team effectively;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate and build effective team relationships.
- Experienced in BRC or BS Quality Management System;
- Experience of using EPOS/WMS.
- Tenacious with an eye for detail;
- Resilient, independent, self-motivated;
- A team player with an ambitious streak and competitive edge;
- Results-orientated with ability to work under pressure, and to use initiative to resolve issues;
- Ability to manage staff at all levels of the business.
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous 28 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme and a fantastic, fun working environment with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Full time
For the full job description, click here.Apply Now