Join Our Head Office
Head of Staffing
Are you a dynamic and innovative leader who wants to join a fast paced and exciting events industry? As we expand and develop our Food & Beverage division of the brand, we are looking for a Head of Staffing to lead an exciting newly formed team. You will play a crucial role in shaping the success of an event staffing team bringing your expertise and knowledge in delivering extraordinary experiences.
Freemans Event Partners thrives on being the very best at delivering and innovating across a wide spectrum of services, including Food & Beverage, Payments Solutions, Ticketing, Brand Partnering/ Execution, Marketing, People, Food service and Logistics. You will see us at over 400 premium events and stadiums across the UK and Europe every year including Silverstone Circuit, Twickenham Stadium, Lord’s Cricket Ground, Cheltenham Races, the Olympics, the Ryder Cup, European Tour, Major League Baseball, the NFL and many more! (you name it, we probably do it!)
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for executing the FEP Food and Beverage staffing strategy for the casual workforce ensuring the strategy is within budget, optimising event delivery in line with company standards, operational requirements, and legal obligations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the Staffing Team for the FEP Food and Beverage division to develop and implement a comprehensive staffing strategy for our casual workforce which is tailored to the needs of each event considering factors such as event type, size, and location.
- Provide support and guidance to the Staffing Managers and Staffing Assistants ensuring all training requirements are fulfilled to ensure the successful execution of the staffing plans.
- Oversee the whole recruitment process from sourcing candidates to induction.
- Manage staffing agency contracts, negotiating rates and ensuring compliancy.
- Monitor and manage the performance of all staffing agencies and suppliers, ensuring they confirm to our standards and legal requirements, and consistently deliver quality and quantity required.
- Develop and manage recruitment initiatives, policies, and processes.
- Attend events to support the staffing team with the registration process, identify training and development requirements to continuously develop individuals, and ensure standards of uniform and employee welfare are being met.
- Ensure we engage with and retain our event staff through effective onboarding processes, appropriate training, good standards of welfare and regular quality communication.
- Monitor wellbeing and sickness absence for all event staff.
- Resolve any issues or queries on site in a professional and timely manner.
- Liaise with the Head of People and Culture to escalate any issues or concerns.
- Ensure that all staffing practices adhere to legal requirements and health and safety regulations. Work closely with the People and Culture Team to ensure compliance.
- Work with the Finance Team to develop a good understanding and accurate forecast of staffing needs relating to budget.
- Weekly reporting to the Head of People and Culture updating of departmental spend and progress
- Oversee allocated budgets including casual labour, agency spend, uniform, recruitment, and accommodation, highlighting overspends at an early stage and making recommendations for efficiencies, savings, and cost effectiveness.
- Monitor and authorise weekly payroll submissions, validating payments and deductions ensuring accuracy.
- Take into consideration sustainable solutions and best practices to ensure we take responsibility for reducing our impact on the environment and support the companywide sustainability strategy.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of event preparations or event delivery.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Considerable experience (minimum 3 years) in a dynamic and fast-paced recruitment or staffing management role.
- Good working knowledge of employment law relating to recruitment practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Working Time Regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and manage strong supplier relationships and key stakeholders.
- Evidence of effective leading, coaching, and mentoring a large team.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Commercial acumen with experience of managing budgets and working to KPI’s.
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational ability with an eye for detail.
- Fully competent user of ICT including MS Office and databases.
- Willingness to work weekends & long hours to deliver the required service.
- UK driving licence and the ability to travel to events in the UK and occasional international travel.
Broad range of understanding HR practices and procedures.
- Confident and resilient with the ability to motivate and engage large groups of people.
- Self-motivated, positive, adaptable, and calm under pressure.
- Strong work ethic
- Professional and discrete.
- “Can do” attitude and willingness to “muck in”.
- Customer focussed and passionate about the events industry.
- Prepared to regularly work unsociable hours, including weekends and travel to / stay away at UK events as required to support division and fulfil the requirements of the role.
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company pension scheme and employee assistance programme.
- Access to Medicash, a healthcare cash plan reimbursing the costs of dental treatments, optical and more! As a Medicash member, you can also access an online GP service as well as gym and retail discounts.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!
We are driven to deliver. We are honest. We are passionate about events. Our teams are dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service and enhancing the consumer experience – it’s what we live for! We are a company full of ambition and opportunity – join us and be part of the journey!