Join Our Head Office
Head of Commercial Partnerships
Who We Are
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events each year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone Circuit and Twickenham Stadium and have established excellent supplier relationships with market-leading partners across numerous platforms
Here at Freemans Event Partners, we operate at over 400 events each year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone Circuit and Twickenham Stadium. We have established excellent supplier relationships with market-leading partners across numerous platforms. We are currently looking for a Head of Commercial Partnerships to join us at our Head Office in Gloucestershire. We would love to hear from candidates who have a passion for the development and delivery of strategic commercial partner relationships with a proven, successful history in driving revenue and adding value through this channel.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Head of Commercial Partnerships will:
- Operate at a senior level to develop and implement a strategy to drive client and partner commercial brand relationships across High Street, Technologies, payment solutions and emerging markets.
- This role combines new business development and sales skills with ongoing relationship management.
- Two key focus areas:
- Strengthen and develop existing strategic relationships.
- Identify and deliver new commercial partner relationships in alignment with group strategies.
- Overarching objective is to drive incremental long-term revenue and profit growth, exceeding ROI expectations.
The main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Identify, own, and implement a robust strategy for the development of commercial Client, High Street, Technology, payment solutions and emerging market partnerships.
- Build, negotiate, secure, and optimise relationships with new and existing commercial brand partners.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across the business to develop and maintain key relationships and ensure agreements are implemented effectively across the group.
- Develop and deliver commercial agreements that drive customer, client, partner engagement and drive incremental revenue and profit ensuring the solutions/agreements are fit for purpose and exceed financial targets.
- Robust financial planning and management including but not limited to scenario planning, P&L, budget development and management.
- Work with the team to create bespoke solutions ensuring there is a clear ROI for each project.
- Build third party partner relationships that provide a platform that removes operational costs from the business across all divisions with a focus on Concessions, Catering and Technologies.
- Develop and deliver effective communications structure with each partner including planning, presentations, financial reporting etc.
- Work with the Divisions across the Group to use these relationships to build a halo effect and drive cross-functional gains for the business.
- Provide regular and clear market insights to internal/external stakeholders keeping the business informed of market trends and future developments.
- Promote a professional, positive, enthusiastic, and collaborative work ethic to ensure commercial partnerships are optimised.
- Take into consideration sustainable solutions and best practice to ensure we take responsibility for reducing our impact on the environment and support the companywide sustainability strategy.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time to support the smooth running of the business.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following knowledge, experience and skills;
- A proven track record in developing and nurturing successful commercial partnerships within the event environment across the retail high street, payment solutions and technology channels.
- Ability to communicate, liaise confidently at a senior level with prestigious clients, both in social and business environments, with a view to building strong and long-term business partner relationships.
- Ability to also communicate effectively in a clear, professional, and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic, and collaborative work ethic.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Commercial agreement development experience.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to use PowerPoint, Excel, Word effectively.
- Full driving licence.
- A strong communicator.
- Entrepreneurial and results driven.
- Commercially astute.
- P&L proficient.
- Customer focussed.
- A collaborative team player, with a good sense of humour and a strong work ethic.
- Flexible, positive, adaptable, and calm when working under pressure.
- Resilient, tenacious, good attention to detail.
- Pragmatic and structured approach to problem solving.
- Honest and dependable.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Willing to roll sleeves up, get involved and not afraid to “get hands dirty”.
Here at Freemans, we promote an open and honest culture where we work together as one team. In return for your hard work at Freemans, we also offer many great benefits;
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend scheme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social events, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UKs most prestigious sporting events and festivals.