Join Our Head Office
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events each year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone Circuit and Twickenham Stadium and have established excellent supplier relationships with market-leading partners across numerous platforms.
Are you currently a Management Accountant looking for a new challenge? Are you looking for your first step into a Business Partner role? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! We are currently looking to recruit a Management Accountant to join our Head Office Finance function in Gloucester.
This role will partner with the Technologies and Brand Partnerships divisions at Freemans. Our Technologies division provide specialist and recognised EPOS, MPOS and card payment facilities at our events meanwhile the Brand Partnerships division are busy building brand activations with global brands such as Coca-Cola, Nestlé, Unilever, Diageo, Heineken, Bacardi and Red Bull. In this role, you will work closely with both divisions, taking responsibility for their finances, processes and reporting as well as having the opportunity to contribute to commercial decisions.
The main duties and responsibilities will include;
Analysis and Reporting
- Interpret and present financial data with appropriate clear, concise analysis.
- Analyse and deliver insight that links financial reports to business objectives.
- Use ‘big’ and ‘small’ data, with appropriate tools to manipulate, analyse and interpret it in sophisticated, audience appropriate ways.
- Challenge the Directors and Senior Management within each division.
- Working together, maintain and obtain data to support the divisions management decisions.
- Support those within each division who have limited financial knowledge to develop a greater financial understanding and enforce discipline regarding core processes.
- Actively influence day to day decisions, shaping strategy and the direction of the business.
- Deliver and challenge the annual budgeting and re-forecasting process for each division.
- Provide financial insight into the budgets and forecasts.
- Engage division delivery teams educating them in the budget process, gaining their input, understanding and adherence to the budget during event delivery.
- Monthly accurate reporting on risks and opportunities to budget.
- Provide effective commercial procedures, or initiate change, to ensure key operational, commercial, and financial targets are delivered.
- Maintain timely, accurate recording of financial data.
- Analyse event P&Ls, identifying areas of underperformance and suggest solutions where appropriate.
- Production and review of quarterly VAT returns.
- Ensuring that the annual audit is actioned quickly, providing all evidence as required.
- Work collaboratively with the divisions’ reporting through to the group finance function.
- Take responsibility to increase efficiency within the accounting process ensuring joined-up thinking between Group and divisions.
- Day to day control of the divisions’ finances including production of monthly management accounts, budgets and reporting analysis.
- Form and stand over your own opinions, have a well-developed sense of ethics and be prepared to stand by these principles.
- Flexibility to occasionally attend events which may be on the weekend.
- Take into consideration sustainable solutions and best practices to ensure we take responsibility for reducing our impact on the environment and support the companywide sustainability strategy.
- Any other duties as requested to fulfil the needs of the business.
We are looking for candidates with the following knowledge, experience and skills;
- Experience of managing relationships and being able to impact and influence senior non-financial management.
- Experience of performing detailed financial performance analysis, with high standards, accuracy, and presentation.
- Detailed knowledge of balance sheet controls and reconciliations.
- Experience of preparing basic management and statutory accounts.
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to analyse complex data and see trends and patterns in the results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to express financial information to non-financial colleagues.
- Mixture of analytical, commercial and persuasion skills.
- Organised thought process with strong Microsoft Excel knowledge and ability to manipulate data from other sources for presentation to managers.
- Excellent planning and time management skills with ability to meet exacting deadlines.
- Fully or part Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA).
- Experience of working with Sage 50 accounting systems and EPOS.
- Understanding of PDQ / Debt management process and control.
- Future orientated.
- Confident decision-maker who is comfortable with proposing, justifying, initiating, and implementing change, using own initiative to resolve issues.
- Tenacious with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work autonomously and use initiative to resolve issues but escalate problems or questions as appropriate.
- Resilient, independent, positive, self-motivated.
- Personable, team player.
- Open-minded, willingness to “muck in”.
- Ability to work under pressure.
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!