Join Our Concessions Team
Audit Support Officer
Who We Are
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events each year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone Circuit and Twickenham Stadium and have established excellent supplier relationships with market-leading partners across numerous platforms
Here at Freemans Event Partners, we have an exciting 2022 calendar ahead and we are looking to expand our team to support with this! We are looking to recruit an Audit Support Officer to join the Concessions team on a 6 month fixed term contract.
The Audit Support Officer will deliver a robust audit process to ensure the accuracy and integrity of event revenues, whilst efficiently following procedures. The role will also assist with on-site cash collection and work with event managers to aid back-office reconciliation. The role will be based on site at events as well as at our Head Office in Gloucester.
The main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Record declared takings from caterers and report any discrepancies/concerns to management.
- Use keen eye for detail to ensure all catering units are stocking the correct products and selling at the correct prices.
- Resolve issues with sub-contractors, escalating as required to the Event Manager/Account Manager or Audit Revenue Protection Manager.
- Assist the Audit Revenue Protection Manager in providing comprehensive information packs to sub-contractors, with details on attendance, logistical limitations, client expectations, ‘must-stock’ lists and retail tariffs.
- Liaise with IT personnel to ensure any issues with tills/PDQs are reported and rectified quickly and efficiently.
- Behave in a professional manner at all times and adhere to company rules and standards, including when travelling to and from events and staying in accommodation.
- Provide Audit Revenue Protection Manager with a post-event report, including problems encountered, solutions implemented and suggestions for improvement.
- Reconcile and bank cash & vouchers on-site, liaising with Event Manager/Account Manager to ensure security when no banking facilities are available.
- Provide reports to management on an ad-hoc basis.
- Take into consideration sustainable solutions and best practices to ensure we take responsibility for reducing our impact on the environment and support the companywide sustainability strategy.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following skills and experience;
- Numerate, good administrative ability and well organised
- IT literate, able to use MS Office to an intermediate level especially Excel
- Full clean driving licence
- High levels of stamina, able to work long days
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous experience of supervising a small team
- Previous experience of working on outdoor events
- A passion for the events industry
- Able and willing to stay away from home frequently, especially at weekend
- Flexible, adaptable, and calm when working under pressure
- Team player
- Honest and dependable
- Well presented
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!