Join Our Head Office
Assistant Account Manager (Concessions)
Are you looking for a new challenge in an exciting company? At Freemans Event Partners we are looking for an Assistant Account Manager to join our Concessions team.
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public catering in the UK; we operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
You will be assisting in planning, managing and evaluating events for the Concessions division, ensuring we deliver a first-class service for the client, maximise the profitability of the event, and comply with all company and legislative requirements.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in compiling sub-contractor lists for all major events, identifying and recommending new providers as appropriate
- Collaborate with Logistics to determine product listings and pricing for events, and maximise sales through pre-event orders
- Collaborate with Marketing department to implement brand placement and maximise customer experience
- Assist with the detailed and accurate planning for each event; ensure an appropriate variety of consumer offering; allocate, offer and secure sub-contractors; ensure all logistical, staffing, and health and safety requirements are considered and prepared for
- Provide comprehensive information packs to sub-contractors (including Freemans Event Partners operators) including anticipated attendance and logistical limitations, “must stock lists”, retail tariffs and passes
- Oversee the set-up of each allocated event, liaising with the client, sub-contractors, and suppliers as appropriate, ensuring all units and hire equipment are sited according to plan
- Oversee the welfare of your team at all times (both on and off site), ensuring they are transported safely, appropriately accommodated, receive appropriate breaks and are treated respectfully
- Monitor all aspects of sub-contractor presentation and performance on event day(s), ensuring company operating standards, policies and procedures are adhered to, directing and trouble-shooting as required
- Ensure all activity, both front and back of house, complies with client policies, procedures and safe systems of work for health and safety and food hygiene
- Oversee the post-event breakdown, ensuring the site is left clean and tidy; all equipment is returned; cash is reconciled and secured; client reports are completed and submitted
- Provide the Account Manager with a detailed analysis post-event to include; compilation and analysis of sales data, sub-contractor performance, efficiency, support equipment, problems encountered and solutions implemented, suggestions for improvement
- Assist with credit control as required, resolving issues with sub-contractors and obtaining payment
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective business and customer relationships
- Comfortable working in an outdoor environment in all weathers
- A background in Catering or a strong understanding of the catering sector
- Customer focused, driven by results and achievement
- Good administrative skills and attention to detail
- Full valid UK driving licence
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, ability to use initiative but not to “cut corners”
- Proven ability to manage a retail area including presentation, customer service and cash handling
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confidence and interpersonal skills to resolve complaints in a professional manner
- Qualified and competent in site-based health and safety requirements
- Good understanding of, and commitment to, working within best practice in relation to Health and Safety
- Fully IT literate, with experience of using EPOS systems and till read processes
- Good working knowledge and practical application of Food Hygiene legislation
- Qualified and competent First Aider
- Valid fork lift licence
- Flexible, adaptable, and calm when working under pressure
- Positive, self-motivated, good sense of humour
- Resilient, tenacious, good attention to detail; Honest and dependable
- Well-presented with good standards of personal hygiene
- Able and willing to stay away from home frequently, and work weekends.
WHY WORK FOR FREEMANS?
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!