Freemans Event Partners unveils new all-American menu for the Major League Baseball London Series
Major League Baseball (MLB) is set to return to London for the first time since 2019 next month (June 24-25), as the St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs play out their historic rivalry at the London Stadium. As part of an authentically American fan experience, spectators will be treated to an entirely new ballpark food menu at the stadium for the first time.
Created by London Stadium’s foodservice partners, Freemans Event Partners and Delaware North, the menu features dishes from a wide-ranging menu of classic American dishes and favourites from both St. Louis and Chicago.
Headline items include:
- London Series Boomstick Hot Dog: A two-foot-long hot dog smothered in braised beef and chilli and topped with jalapeno peppers, nacho cheese and sour cream. Intended to feed up to four guests.
- London Series Boomstick Chilli Nachos: A two-foot-long bed of tortilla chips smothered in nacho cheese and braised beef and topped with bean chilli, jalapeno peppers, sour cream, spring onions and tomatoes. Intended to feed up to four guests.
- Louis Dog: Italian sausage topped with relish, grilled onions, grilled peppers, secret sauce, ketchup and mustard. Served on a traditional hot dog bun.
- Cardinals Dog: Soft sub roll with XXL smoked bacon stuffed pork Frankfurter topped with spiced beans, pico de gallo, onion and bacon crunch.
- Louis Donut Burger: Glazed donut bun stacked with two 4oz burgers, topped with a bacon crumble, cheese, bacon, dill pickle salad and bacon mayonnaise.
- Chicago Dog: Dino Hot Dog topped with a pickle wedge, tomatoes, onions, gherkin relish and beer mustard. Served on a poppy seed bun.
- Cubs Dog: Large brioche sub roll with giant chilli cheese beef dog topped with Chicago sweet relish and mustard.
- Chicago Cheesy Brisket Sandwich: Smoked brisket pulled and layered with American cheese, caramelised onion and dill pickle.
In addition to the food, 10 new bars have been added to the East Stand at London Stadium, along with two more in the West Stand. In keeping with the tradition of MLB stadiums, vendors – also known as hawkers – will be present in the seating bowl to offer a variety of drinks and snacks.
Stephen Freeman (Chief Executive Officer, Freemans Event Partners) said: “We are thrilled to be working with Delaware North to bring an all-American fan experience to the London Stadium.
“Freemans Event Partners’ culinary team has developed a unique London Series food menu capturing the flavours of the Chicago Cubs and St. Louis Cardinals home grounds in the US. Our bespoke offering will include the baseball teams’ signature dogs with a twist, as well as a range of meat-free options from our partner Quorn.
“Our long-standing partnership with Delaware North and London Stadium means Freemans Event Partners has the knowledge and expertise to once again deliver a world-class customer experience at this exciting event.”