Warehouse Team Leader
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK; we operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
Our Logistics division has an exciting opportunity, for someone to join their team, as Warehouse Team Leader. This individual will be working with the Warehouse Manager to ensure that the warehouse operatives are working efficiently and safely, and following all the required processes to carry out their daily duties.
Start Date: 1st April 2019
Hours of work: Full time, 40 hours per week
Days of work: 5 in 7 days- usually Monday- Friday
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the receipt and checking of incoming stock in line with company goods-in process, ensuring all EPOS, Label and Temperature disciplines are completed as appropriate, and product is correctly located within the warehouse
- Manage the picking of customer orders (including product identification and pallet build) as per company processes, undertaking all necessary controls and ensuring temperature disciplines are complied with as appropriate, and making available for dispatch as per customer requirements.
- Control the dispatch outgoing orders in line with company processes, ensuring temperature disciplines and SSOW are complied with
- Carry out regular and spot stock takes as required
- Undertake forklift truck duties as required, ensuring daily safety checks are conducted thoroughly and company warehouse guidelines observed.
- Ensure all processes relating to the BRC standard for storage and distribution are complied with and documented.
- Ensure all stock is stored, handled and transported securely and in line with company procedures, food hygiene legislation and health and safety guidelines
- Provide a professional, courteous and efficient service to all cash and carry customers, ensuring the EPOS process is followed and all payments records accurately
- Work with team colleagues to ensure the workplace environment is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness, and complies with company and legislative standards at all times
- Take reasonable care of both your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions, ensuring all company safety and quality systems are followed and all relevant legislation complied with, raising concerns and reporting any incidents or suggestions to your line manager
- Ensure all food and packaging waste is disposed of safely and in line with company processes, recycling wherever possible.
- Create a good impression of Freemans Event Partners at all times and adhere to company rules and standards, including when working or travelling off-site
- Support and assist newly appointed or less experienced colleagues by providing training and guidance as appropriate
- Deputise and provide cover for the Warehouse Manager as required, and regularly refresh on processes to ensure this can be achieved effectively
- Providing the employee has the relevant licenses and training, drive vehicles as and when required to meet the needs of the business.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Qualified and competent to operate a Counterbalance and Reach Forklift Truck
- Good understanding of, and commitment to safe working practices
- Previous warehouse experience
- Able to delegate and explain tasks to others
- Good communication skills and customer focused
- Empathetic and a good listener
- Good working knowledge and practical application of Food Hygiene legislation
- Qualified and competent to operate a Class C HGV
- Possesses a good standard of numeracy and literacy, and IT competent (MS Office)
Conscientious, reliable, with good attendance and timekeeping standards
Honest, trustworthy, able to work unsupervised
Keen to learn and acquire new skills, responds positively to feedback
Demonstrates initiative and contributes ideas
Pragmatic approach to problem-solving without cutting corners
Positive team player
Flexible, adaptable, and calm when working under pressure
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous 28 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme. As well as a fantastic, fun working environment with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.
For the full job description, click here.Apply Now