Join Our Head Office
Venue Operations Manager (F&B)
Freemans Event Partners thrives on being the very best at delivering and innovating across a wide spectrum of services, including Food & Beverage, Payments Solutions, Ticketing, Brand Partnering/ Execution, Marketing, People, Food service and Logistics. You will see us at over 400 premium events and stadiums across the UK and Europe every year including Silverstone Circuit, Twickenham Stadium, Lord’s Cricket Ground, Cheltenham Races, the Olympics, the Ryder Cup, European Tour, Major League Baseball, the NFL and many more! (you name it, we probably do it!)
We are driven to deliver. We are honest. We are passionate about events. Our teams are dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service and enhancing the consumer experience – it’s what we live for! We are a company full of ambition and opportunity – join us and be part of the journey!
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Plan, manage and oversee operations and event delivery for Freemans Event Partners ensuring we deliver a first-class service to a Gloucester venue. Maximise the profitability of the event through detailed, effective planning, coordination, communication, and the continuous development of our people.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working alongside the team at the venue and Freemans Event Partners to deliver a first-class food and beverage service.
- Liaise effectively with Freemans Event Partners and venue to ensure that the client’s requirements are captured and understood.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all the client’s requirements are actioned ahead of the event. Manage the team effectively to ensure all actions are achieved.
- Oversee the bar set ups ready for match day delivery and other events such as conferences and parties.
- Establish, implement, and communicate the Operations policies, processes and measures to ensure the performance of the team meets the needs of the division, clients, partners and the wider Group.
- Comply with the processes and policies set by the venue.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of front and back of house operations, ensuring company operating standards and procedures are adhered to, monitoring performance and directing/coaching/troubleshooting as
- Plan all event logistical requirements and liaise with the head of operations to ensure accurate forecasts and orders for all ancillary
- Liaise with the Staffing Manager to ensure sufficient notice is provided to fulfil all staffing requirements, ensure that this is in line with the KPI’s set.
- Manage staff rotas whilst staying within the KPIs set.
- Liaise with the Stock and Logistics Manager to ensure a sufficient stock provision is available for upcoming events and ensuring the stock process is understood an adhered to by the wider Operations
- Liaise with the Marketing Director and Stock and Logistics Manager as appropriate to understand the requirement of brand partner promotions on site and; in turn communication to the Operations teams to ensure successful implementation and optimise revenue
- Establish, implement and develop divisional standards, policies, processes and measures to ensure performance meets the needs of clients, partners and the Group;
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are communicated and adhered to by all event personnel, updating policies and practices when necessary and taking the required action when these are not followed
- Ensuring payment solutions are online and tested pre-event, monitoring these systems and liaising with Technologies team to ensure everything is operational and any maintenance is logged.
- Assist in the detailed analysis of events and bars post-event against forecasts, identifying areas of under performance and/or inaccurate forecasting, and making recommendations for improvement where
- Manage the Operations team; monitoring, and leading by example, and dealing with any performance issues as they arise, liaising with the People & Culture Department as needed
- Take into consideration sustainable solutions and best practices to ensure we take responsibility for reducing our impact on the environment and support the company wide sustainability strategy.
- Working to produce detailed statistics to present to the client on a quarterly basis.
- Supporting and working with food concessions team to deliver the public food offering.
- Manage all aspects of the Clients sister venue bar operation.
- Complete Performance reviews with all full-time employees. Arrange regular staff 1 on 1’s and set short and long-term objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing operations in a high volume, event-lead industry and/or hospitality.
- Good knowledge of food and beverages.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective business and customer
- Able to demonstrate a proactive and customer focused approach which is driven by results and
- Good commercial sense with effective negotiation
- Demonstrable ability to lead a team, managing performance, coaching and handling
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Good administrative skills and attention to
- Good working knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation and practical
- Intelligent level of numeracy and literacy.
- Good organisation and planning skills, and an understanding of the need to forecast and manage stock
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently.
- Confident and competent user of MS Office, with the ability to create and
- manipulate data using Excel
- Current full UK driving
- Knowledge of a venues ‘premises license’ and any stipulations within the license.
- Hold a Personal Licence
- Trained and qualified in Health & Safety to IOSH or NEBOSH
- Trained and qualified in HACCP.
- Operational event
- Independent and able to use initiative to solve
- Resilient, operates well under
- Dependable and honest.
- Results driven and customer
- Able to work flexible hours (including weekends) and willing to stay away from home.