Join Our Head Office
Freemans Event Partners thrives on being the very best at delivering and innovating across a wide spectrum of services, including Food & Beverage, Payments Solutions, Ticketing, Brand Partnering/ Execution, Marketing, People, Food service and Logistics. You will see us at over 400 premium events and stadiums across the UK and Europe every year including Silverstone Circuit, Twickenham Stadium, Lord’s Cricket Ground, Cheltenham Races, the Olympics, the Ryder Cup, European Tour, Major League Baseball, the NFL and many more! (you name it, we probably do it!)
We are driven to deliver. We are honest. We are passionate about events. Our teams are dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service and enhancing the consumer experience – it’s what we live for! We are a company full of ambition and opportunity – join us and be part of the journey!
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Identify and deliver the staffing requirements for FEP events ensuring costs are within budget and delivery is in line with company standards, operational requirements, and legal obligations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with the Operations Event Manager to develop understanding of the event, forecasting staffing requirements in relation to budget, number of staff and skillset.
- Manage the recruitment process for your allocated events including posting job adverts to attract direct candidates, screening applicants and booking staff for events.
- Develop a talent pool of local, regional and venue specific event teams.
- Use recruitment agencies, when necessary to deliver staffing requirements.
- Oversee the communication process for both management and casual staff prior to, during and post-event.
- Manage allocated budgets for casual labour, recruitment costs, uniform, accommodation, and transport.
- Plan timesheets ahead of the event keeping budget and staffing requirements in mind.
- Attend your allocated events, monitoring the quality and quantity of staff, adjusting levels accordingly to reduce cost.
- Review all staff working at each event identifying talent, training requirements, disciplinary occurrences, and welfare. Escalate any concerns as appropriate.
- Resolve any issues or queries on site in a professional and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain excellent employee welfare initiatives.
- Ensure compliance on site with working hours, breaks and rates of pay.
- Ensure all Health & Safety, mandatory training and licensing training is planned, delivered, and adhered to.
- Ensure daily reporting occurs on site in relation to pre-event forecast and budget; accurate capturing of all cost and KPIs.
- Provide accurate and timely payroll data to support the Staffing Assistants.
- Provide support and guidance to the Staffing Assistants, regularly communicating any updates.
- Laise with colleges and universities and represent Freemans Event Partners at job fairs and careers events to promote the business and the opportunities available.
- General administrative tasks including arranging transport, uniform, food, and accommodation for staff.
- Take into consideration sustainable solutions and best practices to ensure we take responsibility for reducing our impact on the environment and support the company wide sustainability strategy.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong leadership experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Working Time Regulations.
- Considerable experience in a fast-paced recruitment or staffing role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven can-do attitude.
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational ability.
- Fully competent user of ICT including MS Office and databases.
- Ability to coach and mentor team members.
- Creative and pragmatic approach to change and problem solving.
- Knowledge and understanding of the event industry.
- Good understanding of regulations relating to Food Hygiene, Challenge 25 and Health & Safety.
- Confident and resilient with the ability to motivate and engage large groups of people.
- Self-motivated, positive, adaptable, and calm under pressure.
- Strong work ethic, plenty of stamina and highly productive team player.
- Professional and discrete.
- “Can do” attitude and willingness to “muck in”.
- Customer focussed and passionate about the events industry.
- Prepared to regularly work unsociable hours, including weekends and travel to / stay away at UK events and occasional international events as required to support division and fulfil the requirements of the role.