Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK; we operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
Our Logistics division has an exciting opportunity, for someone to join their team, as a Senior Buyer. This individual will be primarily focused on Supplier relationship building, to help maximise margin on the product categories through sourcing product in line with group strategy at the lowest overall cost. They will help to minimise waste and ensure selling prices are maximised through proactive communication and collaboration. The role operates within a fast-paced environment and utilises the full Purchasing process alongside tactical trading.
Hours of work: Full time, 40 hours per week
Days of work: 5 in 7 days- usually Monday- Friday
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Negotiating best prices and terms for the Logistics business in undertaking the procurement of selected products to achieve a high level of profit for the company and quality for the customers
• Issuing RFQs to suppliers and negotiating pricing and commercial terms
• Researching new products and services to meet requirements as they arise
• Working with the Sales team to manage and action enquiries from existing clients and source new business and product.
• Representing the needs of the business in relationships with suppliers
• Taking ownership and review on a daily basis, levels for all products in the portfolio (include limiting stock holding and minimise stock markdowns), ensuring 100% availability and maximising cash flow at all times
• Ensuring fulfilment of orders by providing and managing contingency supply sources if there are issues with the usual supply chain
• Develop the product category and strategy to create a competitive core range of products to drive incremental sales and profit growth;
• Delivering and reporting against performance/agreed targets/KPI’s/budgets on a regular basis including annual sales profit and supplier income
• Developing, negotiating and managing all contracts and supplier agreements for the category and, where appropriate, agree and document joint business plans (JBP’s) to include promotional plans, target turnover and supplier income
• Maintaining accurate records of all agreements and transactions, ensuring departmental systems and procedures are adhered to
• Keeping abreast of industry news and developments and identify both challenges and opportunities that may play a role in the future of the business;
• Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• A real passion for Food and Drink product, and a strong understanding of the FMCG market
• Previous experience in a fast-paced procurement/contract management/sourcing/supplier relationship environment
• People management experience
• Strong negotiating skills and have excellent communication with all levels of seniority
• Excellent proven influencing and negotiating skills in managing product costs and income generation
• Used to working to budget and time constraints
• A self-starter and confident decision maker who is able to think on their feet
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to network and build positive relationships at all levels
• Excellent level of numeracy and financial analysis
• Confidence to work independently, ensuring you meet deadlines and deliver agreed targets
• Passionate and driven, with the ability to work on your own initiative, to build a strong knowledge of the product area.
• Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, with a collaborate approach to team working
• Must have a can do attitude with high levels of motivation to continually challenge the status quo
• An entrepreneurial mind-set
• A creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities
• Tenacious with an eye for detail
• Resilient, independent, self-motivated
• Results-orientated with ability to work under pressure, and to use initiative to resolve issues
BEHAVIOURS & VALUES FRAMEWORK
• The Group works to the following Behaviours and Values and these are expected from all employees, managers and directors of the organisation:
• We are driven to deliver;
• Open and honest team;
• Always promote good practice;
• Personal accountability;
• Courage to challenge;
• Work as one team.
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous 28 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme. As well as a fantastic, fun working environment with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.
For the full job description, click here.Apply Now