Retail Operations Manager (Catering)
The Catering division of Freemans Event Partners provides premium on-the-go food at guaranteed quality – from gastro burgers to international street food. Our newest project, is the Union 15 Bar & Grill. The result of a unique collaboration between Twickenham Stadium and Freemans Event Partners, launched in October 2018, bringing a new and elevated food and beverage experience. Union 15 is Twickenham’s first semi-permanent food outlet to be installed within the stadium grounds.
Our Catering division is looking for an individual to join their team, as the Retail Operations Manager. The purpose of this role is to ensure excellent commercial and operational performance of Union 15; by managing the day-to-day operations of the outlet, driving sales, coaching staff, managing budgets, ensuring compliance with legislation and best practice (particularly in the areas of health and safety).The overriding objective of this role is to enhance the customer experience, actively build relationships and develop the existing and new client base, thus supporting the growth and long-term strategy of the Group and its food and drink proposition.
Salary: £30,000- £40,000 per year
Location: Head office and Event Sites
Days of work: 5 in 7 days
Hours of work: 08:00-16:30
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing, delivering and managing effective operations of Union 15, both in the lead up to, during and following the event. This is currently only one outlet, but potentially this could expand to additional outlets across multiple venues in the future;
- Setting budgets as authorised by the Director of Catering, setting targets, reviewing and analysing performance, and providing performance reports to the Division;
- Managing new business opportunities for Union 15, from conception through to actualisation and operation, communicating clear, deliverables and timelines to all involved;
- Managing the menu development for Union 15, ensuring all food is of the highest quality and focusing on cost control and margins;
- Advise on designs and spatial layouts of similar units, should the Group decide to expand the concept in the future;
- Coordinating internal and external stakeholders and ensuring effective communication and processes throughout;
- Managing product development, consistency and pricing, as well as coordination of the supply and transportation of stock, in collaboration with the Logistics Division;
- Ensuring Health & Safety (including Food Safety) policies and processes are implemented in line with legislation and best practice and that all Union 15 staff are fully trained and compliant at all times;
- Monitoring industry food and drink trends, ensuring that Union 15 offerings remain current and effective to create return on investments;
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Previous experience of managing a premium food and drink offering in a high volume environment;
- Previous experience of setting and managing budgets;
- Successful track record of developing and implementing effective operations in an event catering environment, including coaching and development of front line staff, performance monitoring, problem resolution and post-event reporting;
- Ability to analyse performance data and report onward in a clear and meaningful way that leads to improvements;
- Previous experience of coordinating creating menu offerings in line with market trends;
- Good working knowledge and practical application of Food Hygiene, Health & Safety and Alcohol licensing legislation;
- Strong communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills;
- Experience of managing digital screen content;
- Good IT skills, particularly in Excel;
- Working knowledge of using an EPOS system from back of office through to front counter;
- Full UK Current driving licence.
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous 28 days holiday allowance- plus bank holidays, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme. As well as a fantastic, fun working environment with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities. In addition, the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.
For the full job description, click here.