Operations Manager (Concessions)
Our Concessions team is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join their team. This person would manage and oversee the Operations function of the event delivery for Freemans Event Partners Concessions team, ensuring the team deliver a first-class service for the client whilst maximising the profitability of events through detailed commercial and strategic evaluation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Devise all Operational policies and procedures to ensure the performance of the team meets the needs of division, clients, partners and the wider Group
- Develop the Operational strategy for the off-site delivery.
- Liaise with the Account Manager during pre-event planning to understanding and act on all Operational requirements, delegating certain tasks to Operations Support
- Overall budget management of the Operations function, allocating and signing off the individual event budgets
- Manage the logistics including but not limited to; planning, booking and delivery of infrastructure including trackways, buggies, on-site equipment etc.
- Develop and manage the permanent and fixed term Operations support team through effective communication, motivating and coaching individuals in order to increase performance levels.
- Manage the set-up, delivery and breakdown of events, liaising with the Account Manager.
- Responsible for accurate, detailed analysis of the performance of the Operational function of the event and present findings within event debrief meetings. To include performance against allocated budget.
- Assist in the detailed analysis of events post-event against forecasts, identifying areas of under-performance and/or inaccurate forecasting, and making recommendations for improvement where appropriate
- Managing all aspects of front and back of house operations, ensuring company operating standards and procedures are adhered to, monitoring performance and directing/coaching/trouble-shooting as required
- Support the Account Manager on site with the front of house appearance providing recommendations where necessary utilising innovation and creativity skills
- Liaise with the Account Manager to understand the requirement of brand partner promotions on site and; in turn communicate to the Operations teams to ensure successful implementation
- Establish, implement and develop divisional standards, policies, processes and measures to ensure performance meets the needs of clients, partners and the Group;
- Ensure Health and Safety & Food Safety regulations are implemented, communicated and adhered to by all the Operations team, updating policies and practices when necessary and taking the required action when these are not followed
- Establish and develop positive, effective working relationships within Concessions and the wider Group
- Liaise with the Director of Concessions to ensure accurate forecasts and orders for all equipment
- Assist in the preparation of annual forecasts, budgets and Key Performance Indicators, and monitor divisional performance against them, taking remedial action as required to ensure achievement
- Ensure all financials are effectively communicated and understood by the wider Operations team
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A sound knowledge and experience of managing operations in a high volume, event-lead industry
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective-business and customer relationships
- Customer focused and driven by results and achievement
- Good commercial sense with effective negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable ability to lead a team, managing performance, coaching and handling conflict
- Good administrative skills and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of current Health and Safety & Food Safety legislation and practical application
- Good level of literacy and numeracy and proven ability to forecast and manage budgets
- Good organisation and planning skills, and an understanding of the need to forecast and manage stock effectively
- Confident and competent user of MS Office, with the ability to create and manipulate data using spreadsheets
- Physically fit and strong with high levels of stamina
- Current full UK driving licence.
- Trained and qualified in Health & Safety to IOSH or NEBOSH standard
- Operational event experience
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous 28 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme and a fantastic, fun working environment with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.
This role will be working 5 days in 7, including weekends and travel away from home.
For the full job description, click here.