Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK; we operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
Our Finance division is looking for an individual to join their team, as a Management Accountant. This individual will be assisting the Financial Controller in the day-to-day running of the department, and provide detailed, accurate management information and analysis.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the preparation of the group companies’ monthly management accounts.
- Produce data analysis reports for the group on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and in a timely manner
- Produce budget variance and margin analysis reports for Freemans Event Partners Bars, Catering and Technologies
- Carry out extensive ad hoc analysis of margins, sales and trends using Excel spreadsheets
- Reconcile inter-company trading accounts
- Provide cover for full ledger entry and VAT returns, and general support for the accounts function across the Group
- Assist in general running of the finance function and support Financial Controller.
- Develop an awareness of the activities of the Group as a whole in order to identify opportunities for continual improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Demonstrable experience of producing and analysing management accounts
- Qualified/part Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge and ability to manipulate data from other sources for presentation to managers as part of KPI and management accounts reporting
- Proven experience of entering data into accounts packages (SAGE Accounting experience would be advantageous)
- Organised thought process, good communication skills and ability to express financial information to non-financial colleagues
- Excellent planning and time management skills with ability to meet exacting deadlines
- Tenacious and eye for detail
- Resilient, independent, self-motivated
- Personable, team player
- Open-minded, willingness to “muck in”
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to use initiative to resolve issues
- Prepared to travel in the UK occasionally at weekends to events to support line managers
- Must have an open attitude to the role.
There is no job within the business that is beneath anyone; whether that is helping stock take, entering invoices, counting cash on site or creating high level reports for management. Our MD is still regularly on site, getting his hands dirty, and that same attitude flows through the whole business.
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous 28 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme. As well as a fantastic, fun working environment with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 8:30am-4:30pm
Days of Work: Monday- Friday
For the full job description, click here.Apply Now