Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
Within our internal IT division, we have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated person to join our team. We are looking for an experienced IT Manager to manage the IT Support Officer and lead on delivering all internal IT services to Head Office staff. In this role, the IT manager will be responsible for the administration of network and server infrastructure within all departments, planning and delivery of technology projects, implementing technology security and execution of all technology related tasks and initiatives.
Hours of Work: 8:30 am- 4:30 pm
Days of Work: Monday- Friday
Contract Type: Permanent
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring adequate resources are provided to head office staff for successful delivery;
- Manage the development of and implementation of detailed project plans ensuring project requirements are met within required time frames and budgets;
- Provide detailed and clear briefings prior to the start of projects, ensuring the IT Support Officer has all the information they require and that they fully understand the objectives and standards for any given project;
- Supervise all aspects of the IT team’s performance; monitoring, encouraging, coaching, guiding and leading by example;
- Report any concerns regarding the suitability, security or use of company hardware and ICT to the Finance Director;
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of emerging technology trends and developments in areas of interest and relevance to the business; contributing ideas for the next generation of solutions;
- Develop and optimise existing IT solutions, continuously seeking improvements in efficiency and effectiveness;
- Manage all information technology and computer systems;
- Plan, organise, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations;
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures;
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems;
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organisational policy;
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in reasonable time;
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes;
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures;
- Oversee annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness;
- Building effective relationships with key stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree or equivalent experience in troubleshooting and technology related subject;
- An excellent understanding of the technology sector and technical solutions;
- An ability to provide clear and concise instructions, leading by example at every point;
- Excellent planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload appropriately and meet challenging deadlines;
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build effective business and colleague relationships;
- Ability to supervise and lead others including managing performance and coaching;
- Has extensive knowledge of and a passion for Information and Communication Technologies, and keeps abreast of emerging technologies and analyses possible benefits to the company;
- Working knowledge and experience of information security systems and processes, including compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation;
- Understanding of, and commitment to, safe working practices.
- Previous experience of managing a team;
- Ability to influence and present new ideas for improvements in technology;
- Ability to work in and react to a changing environment, and respond pragmatically to problems as they arise;
- Experience of working in a retail IT environment.
- Flexible, adaptable and calm when working under pressure;
- Self-motivated and driven;
- A good sense of humour and a positive approach is essential;
- Independent, resilient, tenacious, good attention to detail;
- Honest and dependable;
- Well-presented, personable, team player;
- Pragmatic and commercially-minded approach to problem-solving;
- Customer focused & commercially astute.
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous 28 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme. In addition, the opportunity to work in a fantastic, fun environment, with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.
For the full job description, click here.