HR Advisor – 6 month FTC (Maternity Cover)
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK; we operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
Within our HR division we have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team, this will initially be a 6- month maternity cover for the HR Advisor role. This individual will be contributing to the overall success of the business; providing support and implementing policies, with the aim of selecting, developing and retaining the right people to ensure sustainability and support the growth of the company.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the HR Business Partner in the regular review of the HR strategy in line with the overall group strategy, ensuring it remains fit for purpose and transparent for all people-related activity;
- Develop and implement company recruitment policies, processes and practices ensuring they are effective, compliant and create a great impression;
- Manage day to day recruitment activity alongside the other HR Advisor within the HR team, providing HR support and guidance to managers throughout the recruitment process;
- Implement group engagement and communication strategies, nurturing the open, team culture and keeping everyone informed;
- Full ownership of the weekly payroll process for the group ensuring accuracy and timely payments for all casual employees;
- Support with the production of the monthly pre-board pack on behalf of the HR Business Partner;
- Promote and develop the ethos of an employee-orientated and engaged culture, centred around the company Behaviours and Values Framework;
- Provide first point of contact, advice and guidance to line managers and colleagues on all aspects of employment terms and conditions, training, performance management, disciplinary and grievance procedures;
- Assist the HR Business Partner in creating, developing and implementing policies and practices that support our cultural values whilst ensuring compliance and equity across the group;
- Support the company performance management programme by providing guidance, developing paperwork and processes, monitoring and following up reviews for further development or training;
- Administer the company pension schemes in liaison with external providers and provide clear information to colleagues;
- Support the Bars and Catering Staffing Teams as required, including advice on company policies and legal requirements;
- Monitor allocated budgets including training, highlighting overspends at an early stage and making recommendations for efficiencies, savings and cost effectiveness;
- Keep abreast of all forthcoming changes in employment law and topical industry trends, ensuring company policies and practices are adapted in good time in liaison with line managers;
- Support communication and engagement across the Group though regular, effective communication via notice boards, group briefings and social media.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum CIPD L3 qualified, ideally currently working towards L5;
- Educated to a high standard with excellent levels of numeracy and literacy;
- Fully competent user of ICT including MS Office and databases;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships at all levels;
- Good commercial awareness, customer focused and driven by results and achievement;
- Solid experience of working in a generalist HR environment, to include administration of recruitment and training at all levels;
- Strong organisational, planning and time management ability;
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving and analytical approach to decision making;
- Experience in undertaking mediation role and/or facilitating performance reviews, grievance hearings and disciplinary proceedings;
- Evidence of good working knowledge of employment law.
- Patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable;
- Acts with integrity and objectivity at all times, and is discreet with confidential information;
- Strong collaborator but able to work independently;
- Creative and curious with a willingness to challenge existing practices as appropriate;
- Confident and assertive;
- Open minded and flexible in approach.
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous 28 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme. As well as a fantastic, fun working environment with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.
Start Date: Mid March
Contract Type: Initially a 6 month fixed term contract
Days of Work: Monday- Friday
Hours of Work: 8:30am- 4:30pm
For the full job description, click here.Apply Now