Join Our Bar Crew
Who We Are
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events each year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone Circuit and Twickenham Stadium and have established excellent supplier relationships with market-leading partners across numerous platforms
Freemans Event Partners have an exciting new opportunity for a Hospitality Manager to join our Bars Division. The successful candidate will be based at Kingsholm Stadium and will be responsible for leading, planning, and co-ordinating the operations for the delivery of all hospitality areas at Gloucester Rugby Football Club.
This role will report to the Venue Operations Manager and will support in the planning and delivery of a first-class service for the client and consumer. The Hospitality Manager will also deliver the bars operation in all hospitality areas including the hospitality boxes and play a key role in delivering the events in the hospitality spaces at Gloucester Rugby Football Club.
The main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Deliver the bar operation of all hospitality boxes. This includes ensuring usage is recorded correctly, boxes are stocked correctly and in line with the stocking policy and a high standard of customer service is delivered on match days.
- Work closely with Gloucester Rugby Football Club to deliver additional events outside of the match day calendar including Christmas parties and conference bar bookings.
- Manage all hospitality bars during match days and other events including table service and managing four bars on match days.
- Planning and preparing briefings for events and match days.
- Work with the staffing team to source staff in line with the set budget for events.
- Manage staff effectively during match days and events.
- Support other areas of the bar operation when required.
- Work closely with the stock manager to ensure stock levels are correct.
- Regularly review product sales mix and ensure we are maximising potential within the hospitality bars.
- Work with the Gloucester Rugby Football Club sales team to develop drinks packages for match days and other events.
- To act as a licensee during game days and events.
- Conduct Health and safety and licensing training before match days and events.
- Keep the Venue Operations Manager updated with any complaints by the public or feedback for improvement made by the Client.
- Provide feedback to the Head of Staffing on event staffing numbers and highlight suggestions for up-and-coming events.
- Provide the Venue Operations Manager with a post-event report to include problems encountered, solutions implemented and suggestions for improvement.
- Record all expenditure using the Purchase Order (PO) system.
- Maintenance and safe storage of bar furniture and equipment.
- Take into consideration sustainable solutions and best practices to ensure we take responsibility for reducing our impact on the environment and support the companywide sustainability strategy.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of event preparations or event delivery.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience;
- Previous experience of managing bars or events.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, ability to use initiative but not to cut corners.
- IT literate with a good understanding of MS Office.
- Experience in managing large teams of casual/ part time staff.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- A passion for the events and food and drinks industry.
- Personal Licence holder.
- Previous experience of managing a team.
- Qualified First Aider.
- Level 3 Health and safety qualification
- Previous experience of working within the Hospitality industry or within restaurants.
- Flexible, adaptable, and calm when working under pressure.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive and self-motivated and able to think on your feet.
- Resilient, tenacious, good attention to detail.
- Honest and dependable.
- Keen for personal development and progression.
- Well presented.
- Able and willing to work weekends and evenings.
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!