Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: D.O.E plus a wider range of benefits
Our IT division is the newest and most rapidly growing area of the business. Within this exciting division we have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated person, on a full time basis to join our team. We are looking for an experienced Helpdesk Technician to provide remote and occasional on-site support and interactive services for events, deploying a range of temporary networks and equipment.
Is it essential that the successful candidate has the below skills/knowledge:
- Demonstrable experience of deploying and maintaining wired and WiFi networks within high density environments;
- Demonstrable experience of deploying and supporting satellite connections;
- Good Layer 2 knowledge and experience of CAT-5 cabling and fibre, PoE and good IP knowledge including subnets, routing, VLANS etc;
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of PSTN (DSL & ISDN) and VoIP;
- Good planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload appropriately and meet challenging deadlines;
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build effective business and colleague relationships, and explain solutions to a non-technical audience;
- Ability to work unsupervised, using their own initiative, in cooperation with other teams;
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the unsociable working hours that are necessary in the events industry (working hours will ordinarily be 5 days out of every 7 including weekends and long days at times);
- Full UK driving license (with no more than 6 points for minor convictions).
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme and a fantastic, fun working environment with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities.
For the full job description, click here.