Join Our Catering Team
Head of Catering
Who We Are
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events each year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone Circuit and Twickenham Stadium and have established excellent supplier relationships with market-leading partners across numerous platforms
Overall Purpose of the job
The Head of Catering will be responsible for the following;
- Managing the Catering team to effectively plan, deliver and communicate all catering operations, finance and brand delivery at events and venues ensuring client and business needs are met and exceeded.
- Leading the catering team, driving positive behaviours and a collaborative approach to business delivery.
- Ensuring all customers receive a professional and quality service.
- Promoting sustainable practices to ensure the business reduces its impact on the environment.
- Oversee build, asset, and maintenance projects.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement the Catering strategy with core focus on people, finance, and operations (both direct and indirect) in line with the Group’s strategy.
- Deliver catering services efficiently and within financial targets whilst maximising revenue and profit.
- Create innovative sustainable changes by developing strategies and initiatives to maximise commercial opportunities across the catering division and drive future sales and profit.
- Develop divisional budget annually and assess the financial performance of the division to objectively evaluate the impact of all initiatives.
- Maintain and develop new and existing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, customers and suppliers through clear communication and effective planning processes.
- Ensure the client’s operational needs are professionally met and any solutions are fit for purpose.
- Develop and implement a robust customer complaint and feedback process ensuring all issues are dealt with in a professional manner and that the Catering Managers are working compliantly.
- Develop and implement SLAs for each function within the division.
- Lead menu development strategy and work closely with Logistics to develop procurement pathways.
- Liaise with the Brand Partnerships team to develop joint promotional activity and to optimise event opportunities.
- Be a key contact for all third party catering related brand relationships implementation and ongoing operational delivery, including but not limited to brand onboarding, compliance, marketing initiatives, training, menu development etc.
- Develop robust recruitment and retention strategy and manage the Catering Staffing Manager to ensure effective ongoing implementation.
- Set KPI’s for all direct reports and actively mentor, motivate and support the team to promote a positive, professional, and collaborative work environment.
- Complete quarterly audits on the Catering Managers KPI’s.
- Ensure all finance processes are followed by the team.
- Responsible for the authorisation of any invoice / purchase order anomalies and approval of the Divisions expenses.
- Ensure all food safety, health and safety, compliance and risk assessments are completed across all units and that standards and procedures are established and maintained and in line with current legislation.
- Ensure all venue policies, procedure and practices are adhered to.
- Oversee build, asset, and maintenance programmes.
Knowledge, experience and skills required
- Strong knowledge of the catering industry and trends within the industry – focus on mobile ‘grab and go’ solutions.
- Proven experience in catering strategy development, planning and implementation.
- Experience of working with brands to deliver catering solutions.
- Good working knowledge and practical application of Health and Safety and Food Safety legislation.
- Strong leadership skills within an operational environment.
- Proven ability to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to make sound operational decisions quickly and under pressure.
- Proven ability to work well in a team and in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to identify and implement service improvements and efficiencies in a commercially focused operation.
- Budget development and delivery and financial management experience.
- Proven ability to analyse and use data for key business decisions and clearly communicate to the business.
- Excellent level of literacy and numeracy.
- Fully ICT literate, competent in all MS Office applications.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Qualified and competent in site-based compliance.
- Previous experience as a Chef.
- A strong communicator at all levels both internally and externally.
- Flexible, adaptable, and calm when working under pressure.
- An enthusiasm and genuine interest in the catering industry and delivering excellent consumer experiences.
- Team player with a strong work ethic who is passionate about the development and growth of their team.
- Ability to use your own initiative and taking ownership of solutions.
- Results driven and customer focussed.
- Confident and resilient with the ability to motivate.
- “Can do” attitude and willingness to “muck in”.
Able and willing to stay away from home as required.
Why work for Freemans?
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!
If you feel that you have the passion and experience to join the team, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV via our website.