Join Our Head Office
Are you looking for a new challenge in an exciting company? At Freemans Event Partners we are looking for a Finance Officer to join our Catering team.
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public catering in the UK; we operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
You will be responsible for managing the stock control function within Catering division, monitoring and managing the PDQ and Debt processes. You will be preparing the Charge sheets and Event packs within the time limits agreed and provide financial analysis and reporting as requested.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the stock control process across all Catering areas ensuring all stock takes are performed according to the timeframes, and the movements in the stock are properly recorded;
- Investigate and resolve any queries and discrepancies with the stock on a timely manner;
- Preparation of the Catering charge sheets and Event packs ensuring all data is calculated and populated correctly;
- Catering Event P&L reconciliation between the Event packs and Sage to ensure all income is invoiced correctly and all costs are captured;
- Manage the PDQ process – monitor the balances in Catering and Concessions divisions making sure all reconciliations are performed and all unreconciled items are dealt with on a timely manner;
- To ensure all PDQ money is paid out to customers according to the agreements and only after the funds are received in FEP bank accounts;
- Manage Debt process – monitor the balances in Catering and Concessions divisions ensuring each division collects its cash in line with the permitted terms, and support each division in resolving customer queries in a timely manner;
- Provide insightful reporting to the Business Finance Manager to include cash collection and aged debtors analysis;
- Assist the Business Finance Manager with the budget preparations;
- Ad hoc duties as required;
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- AAT qualified or Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Experience of performing detailed financial performance analysis, with high standards, accuracy and presentation
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to analyse complex data and see trends and patterns in the results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to express financial information to non-financial colleagues
- Mixture of analytical, commercial and persuasion skills
- Organised thought process with strong Microsoft Excel knowledge and ability to manipulate data from other sources for presentation to managers
- Excellent planning and time management skills with ability to meet exacting deadlines
- Previous experience of dealing with stock
WHY FREEMANS EVENT PARTNERS?
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 DOE