Join Our Head Office
Finance Administrator (Bars)
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events each year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone Circuit and Twickenham Stadium and have established excellent supplier relationships with market-leading partners across numerous platforms.
We are currently looking for a Finance Administrator to join our Bars team on a permanent basis. The role will assist the Finance Business Partner in ensuring that all finance administrative tasks within the Bars Division are controlled and completed on an accurate and timely basis.
The main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Assist the Stock department with recording all financial information relating to stock purchasing and movements within SAGE Line 50.
- Raise purchase orders (PO’s) for all stock purchases.
- Ensure stock costs at events are reconciled within a timely manner ensuring that Warehouse, Supplier and Client movements are all captured and recorded in the relevant manner.
- Where required, provide assistance to the stock team for reporting on site.
- Ensure monthly stock takes are completed and reconciled on SAGE by close of play working day 1.
- Post relevant journals to ensure GRNI and other accruals are in place for month end.
- Ensure all spend on the company credit card is firstly approved, but subsequently all paperwork is retained for monthly submissions.
- Raise purchase orders on behalf of the Operations department to ensure accurate reporting on costs both within events and for general purpose.
- Report weekly on outstanding PO’s.
- Check invoices for validity against PO system and prepare for sign off.
- Attend event site as required by the Finance Business Partner.
- Mentor and develop staff to become more accurate and efficient in their duties.
- Produce analysis for ad hoc requests as required by the Finance Business Partner.
- Take into consideration sustainable solutions and best practices to ensure we take responsibility for reducing our impact on the environment and support the companywide sustainability strategy.
We are looking for candidates with the following knowledge, experience and skills;
- Good Excel knowledge and ability to display data adding value for presentations.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) knowledge (SAGE preferred).
- High level of numeracy and literacy (GCSE Grade A or above or equivalent).
- Organised thought process, good communication skills and ability to express financial information to non-financial colleagues.
- Excellent planning and time management skills with ability to meet exacting deadlines.
- Prepared to work weekends & long hours as event season may dictate.
- Tenacious with an eye for detail
- Resilient, independent, self-motivated
- Personable, team player
- Strong character
- Open-minded, willingness to ensure success
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to use initiative to resolve issues
- Prepared to travel in the UK at weekends to events.
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!