Event Operations Manager (Logistics)
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
We are currently looking for a fixed term Event Operations Manager to join our busy Logistics division in assisting the Event Manager and Head of Logistics in maximising revenue for the division through planning, excellent customer service and efficient on-site operations. We are looking for someone to work at a variety of locations across the UK mainly over the summer (events may include Boomtown Festival, Formula 1, Victorious Festival, Goodwood and The Open!)
Your communication skills will be second to none, with excellent customer service skills and a strong commercial awareness.
Job Type: Fixed term contract (17th June – 30th August 2019)
Salary: £150.00 per day
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the booking and coordination of all event logistical requirements
- Ensuring all stock is stored, handled and transported in line with company procedures, food hygiene legislation, H&S guidelines and event regulations
- Stock taking
- Undertake and supervise the collection of customer payments, ensuring payment is received in full and all takings are processed accurately
- Provide detailed and clear briefing prior to the start of events
- Supervise all aspects of your teams performance, monitoring, encouraging, coaching; tackling any issues as they arise.
- Oversee the welfare of your team at all times (both on and off-site)
- Oversee post-event breakdown, ensuring the site is left clean and tidy; all hire equipment returned; all waste disposed of in compliance with event regs; vehicles are cleaned, secured and relocated and all cash is reconciled and secured.
- Plus other general duties required as and when
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong people management skills
- Physically fit and strong with high levels of stamina
- Experience of undertaking manual work in an outdoor environment
- Numerate, good administrative ability and well organised
- Full, clean driving licence;
- Qualified and competent to tow and operate Forklift trucks, including Counterbalance, Reach or Telehandler;
- Previous experience of working back-of-house in the outdoor events industry;
- Personable, positive and resilient
- Comfortable managing people with ability to delegate
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving and ability to use initiative as appropriate
- Able and willing to stay away from home frequently, especially at weekends;
For the full job description, click here.Apply Now