Join Our Head Office
Event IT Support
Our IT division is the newest and most rapidly growing area of the business. Within this exciting division we have an opportunity for enthusiastic and dedicated people to join our team. The role will include testing, setting up and maintaining various IT equipment in preparation for events.
You will need to be dedicated and hard working. You will work alongside our Engineers, but also interact with Project Managers, Freelancers, and Clients. You will need some proven experience or interest in the events industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Configuring and deployment of event devices such as EPOS and PDQ machines across events.
- Ensure deployed solutions are PCI compliant where required
- Provide on-site technical support during events, monitoring and troubleshooting as required.
- Testing and maintaining a wide range of IT equipment
- Preparing equipment/jobs for technicians
- Checking equipment and jobs back into the warehouse
- Delivering/collecting equipment from suppliers, clients, and venues
- Scheduling and prioritising your own work and ensuring deadlines are met
- Working as part of a team to deliver a high level of service but can work alone
- Dealing with deliveries/collection and warehouse visitors
- Undertaking other tasks as and when directed by your line manager and when reasonably requested by the colleagues.
- Ability in Terminating Cable (CAT5e)
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of emerging technology trends and developments in areas of interest and relevance to the business, contributing ideas for next generation solutions.
- Maintain and organise documentation and inventories to the highest standards, including production of, system configuration, knowledge base articles, procedures, and diagrams
- To positively promote the IT Services Team, acting as a role model through promoting the activities, values, and culture of the organisation.
- Undertake pre-arranged out of hours support when required, normally taken as time off in lieu
- Install both fibre and copper cable throughout a venue as required and deploy Wi-Fi connectivity
- Maintain all tools, equipment, and spares in a secure, organised, and accessible state.
- Provide clear briefings and communication to clients and end users on how the system is setup/performing/operating.
- Knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems such as Windows 7 and 10.
- Good planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload appropriately and meet challenging deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build effective business and colleague relationships and explain solutions to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to work unsupervised, using their own initiative, in cooperation with other teams.
- Understanding of events industry/experience of site-based working (exhibitions, conferences, green fields)
- Understanding of, and commitment to, safe site working practices.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the unsociable working hours that are necessary in the events industry (working hours will ordinarily be 5 days out of every 7 including weekends and long days at times)
- Possesses a passion for ICT, evidently keeps abreast of emerging technologies and analyses possible benefits to the company
- Full UK driving license (with no more than 6 points for minor convictions).
- Demonstrable experience of deploying and managing wired and WiFi networks within high density environments.
- Ability to work in and react to a changing environment and respond pragmatically to problems as they arise.
- Experience of working in a retail environment, with good working knowledge of payment solutions and EPOS.
- Experience of cross platform working.
- Training/qualifications in site health and safety
WHY WORK FOR FREEMANS?
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.