Client Development Director
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
We are currently recruiting for a Client Development Director, this is a key member of the Board of Directors, reporting into the Chief Executive Officer. You will be influencing and spearheading the strategic direction of the business, with sole responsibility for the development of its existing & new client base, driving new business in alignment with Divisional and Group strategies, so your natural outgoing personality will always need to shine through. The Client Development Officer has responsibility for strengthening the Groups brand, with the overall objective of creating growth and delivering exceptional financial returns on all investments made.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cultivation of new relationships with blue chip clients, customers and stakeholders in line with strategic direction of the business.
- Ownership, support and management of all tenders and proposals at Group level, negotiating effectively to ensure both retention of existing business and successful on-boarding of new business.
- Provision of regular and clear insight to internal/external stakeholders and end users regarding solutions and capabilities, thereby creating an understanding and managing expectations. Developing the business data-room, library and contracts file.
- Mapping Sales opportunities for the group, growing margin and delivering ROI above expectations.
- Attend industry events to network and cultivate a network of new leads at the very highest-level such as FIFA, Olympic Committee, etc.
- Strong input into the development of the retail strategy in line with the Groups strategy and maximising the businesses event calendars throughout the year.
- Keeping abreast of industry news, market trends and developments and identifying challenges and opportunities for the business. Scoping out the UK/European market across the leisure, stadia, sports channels etc.
- Continuous development of existing relationships with key clients, customers and suppliers’ through rigorous engagement, ensuring the solutions are fit for purpose and keeping them updated on suitable solutions to meet their developing needs.
- Work closely with Board of Directors to ensure the performance of business operations, including setting, working to and achieving targets and KPI are maximised.
- Close Liaison with the Groups marketing team to secure maximum marketing support from brand partners, clients and stakeholders to develop joint promotional activity and to optimise event opportunities.
- Travel to meet customers, attend business meetings and events across (and possibly outside) the UK on a regular basis.
- Performing other functions related to the office of the CDD or as may be requested by the CEO, COO or the Board.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Clearly analytical in their approach and reporting
- Solid experience of business development or sales and marketing
- Commercially minded, profit driven, hands-on and strategic
- A previous track record in management within a SME or divisional level
- Proven experience of setting & achieving sales targets and business development success
- High level experience of contract negotiation.
- Proven ability in management knowledge and leading, coaching and motivating high achieving teams
- Previous experience of working with CRM systems
- Ability to build solid customer and supplier relationships
- Excellent level of numerical ability with outstanding attention to detail
- Comfortable working under pressure in a competitive market place to gain market advantage
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of operating within Quality Management Systems and utilising EPOS/WMS
- Experience using Sage computer systems
- Committed to continuing professional development, and maintaining/enhancing industry knowledge