Join Our Head Office
Catering Manager – London
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public Food and Beverage in the UK. We have an exciting opportunity for a Catering Manager to join our team and work for a company which operates at over 400 events each year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues. The Catering Manager will manage the London area and will report to the Head of Catering. The role will involve;
- Managing all aspects of the Freemans Event Partners direct catering delivery at specific venues.
- Effectively planning, delivering, and communicating all catering operations, finance and brand delivery at the venue ensuring client and business needs are met and exceeded.
- Leading the venue catering team, driving positive behaviours and a collaborative approach to business delivery.
- Ensuring all catering outlets and teams operate within all relevant legal / compliance requirements.
- Ensuring all customers receive a professional and quality service every time. Manage the service delivery of all catering outlets at the venue ensuring that all food, beverage, financial, compliance and customer service objectives are met.
Main duties and responsibilities;
- Manage the end-to-end planning process for all events.
- Deliver catering services efficiently and within financial targets whilst maximising revenue and profit.
- With the catering outlets being the ‘front face’ of Freemans for both clients and consumers, you must ensure that the highest levels of professionalism and delivery are achieved consistently.
- Ownership of stock management including ordering, wastage, holding levels, compliance and monthly stock taking for the venue.
- Ensure the business ‘must stock’ and retail pricing parameters are followed at all times.
- Manage the post event sign off process and provide the Commercial Finance Partner with the P&L data within 5 days of the event ending.
- Work with the Commercial Finance Partner to produce monthly reviews of the venue, reforecasting and accessing risks and opportunities.
- Completion of event sales declaration within 24hrs of each event.
- Make recommendations where possible regarding revenue opportunities (e.g., product / sites / additional outlets / staff feeding) and cost savings.
- Work with the Staffing Manager to develop a catering team for the venue.
- Oversee the welfare of your team at all times (both on and off site), ensuring they are transported safely, appropriately accommodated, receive appropriate breaks, and treated respectfully.
- Encourage the development of your team through coaching, guiding, and leading by example. Work with the Operations Manager to ensure event planning is robust and timely.
- Manage the maintenance of the outlets and annual compliance testing.
- Full compliance with company policy, procedures, and finance processes ensuring all issues are dealt with in a professional manner and that your team is working compliantly.
- Take into consideration sustainable solutions and best practice to ensure we take responsibility for reducing our impact on the environment and support the companywide sustainability strategy.
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the following knowledge, experience and skills;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in high volume food retail environment (preferably in public events).
- Previous experience being responsible for end-to-end stock management.
- Good performance management skills and proven ability to develop the team to their full potential.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of key financial management information and reporting procedures; sales driven approach.
- Good working knowledge and practical application of Food Hygiene and health & safety legislation.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and deliver multiple projects within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Effective communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy (GCSE Maths and English at grade C as a minimum), and proven ability to forecast and manage budgets.
- Good ICT skills, particularly in Excel (Advanced level).
- Full UK Current driving licence.
- Self-starter, driven to succeed.
- Good attention to detail, prides themselves on promoting good practices.
- Has the courage to challenge; confidence to speak up skilfully.
- Team Player.
- Resilient, calm when working under pressure.
- Dependable, open, and honest, good sense of humour.
- Results driven and customer focussed.
- Confident and resilient with the ability to motivate.
- “Can do” attitude and willingness to “muck in.”
- Able and willing to stay away from home as required.
Here at Freemans, we promote an open and honest culture where we work together as one team. In return for your hard work, we also offer many great benefits;
- 28 days holidays plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend scheme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social events, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.