Join Our Head Office
Assistant Account Manager
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public food and beverage in the UK. We operate at over 400 events each year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone Circuit and Twickenham Stadium and have established excellent supplier relationships with market-leading partners across numerous platforms.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Account Manager to join our Concessions team on a permanent basis. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for the events industry and would enjoy assisting in the planning, managing, and evaluating events for the Concessions division. The purpose of this role is to ensure we deliver a first-class service for the client, maximise the profitability of the event, and comply with all company and legislative requirements.
The main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Assist in compiling sub-contractor lists for all major events, identifying and recommending new providers as appropriate.
- Oversee and manage small events.
- Assist with the detailed and accurate planning for each event; ensure an appropriate variety of consumer offering; allocate, offer and secure sub-contractors; ensure all logistical, staffing, and health and safety requirements are considered and prepared for.
- Provide comprehensive information packs to sub-contractors (including Freemans Event Partners operators) including anticipated attendance and logistical limitations, “must stock lists”, retail tariffs and passes.
- Oversee the set-up of each allocated event, liaising with the client, sub-contractors, and suppliers as appropriate, ensuring all units and hire equipment are sited according to plan.
- Responsible for operational set-up and breakdown of events including citing of outlets and generators. Set-up and management of dress, flowers, flags, marquees, fencing and seating areas.
- Monitor all aspects of sub-contractor presentation and performance on event day(s), ensuring company operating standards, policies and procedures are adhered to, directing, and troubleshooting as required.
- Ensure all activity, both front and back of house, complies with client policies, procedures, and safe systems of work for health and safety and food hygiene.
- Oversee the post-event breakdown, ensuring the site is left clean and tidy; all equipment is returned; cash is reconciled and secured; client reports are completed and submitted.
- Assist with credit control as required, resolving issues with sub-contractors, and obtaining payment.
- Take into consideration sustainable solutions and best practices to ensure we take responsibility for reducing our impact on the environment and support the companywide sustainability strategy.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business.
We are looking for candidates with the following knowledge, experience and skills;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective business and customer relationships.
- Comfortable working in an outdoor environment in all weathers.
- A background in Catering or a strong understanding of the catering sector.
- Customer focused, driven by results and achievement.
- Good administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Full valid UK driving licence.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, ability to use initiative but not to “cut corners.”
- Proven ability to manage a retail area including presentation, customer service and cash handling.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Confidence and interpersonal skills to resolve complaints in a professional manner.
- Qualified and competent in site-based health and safety requirements.
- Good understanding of, and commitment to, working within best practice in relation to Health and Safety.
- Fully IT literate, with experience of using EPOS systems and till read processes.
- Good working knowledge and practical application of Food Hygiene legislation.
- Qualified and competent First Aider.
- Valid forklift licence.
- Flexible, adaptable, and calm when working under pressure.
- Positive and self-motivated.
- Resilient, tenacious, good attention to detail.
- Honest and dependable.
- Able and willing to stay away from home frequently, and work weekends.
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme and employee assistance programme.
- Access to Medicash, a healthcare cash plan reimbursing the costs of dental treatments, optical and more! As a Medicash member, you can also access an online GP service as well as gym and retail discounts.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!