Join Our Head Office
Junior Account Manager (Concessions)
Here at Freemans Event Partners, we pride ourselves on delivering a first-class service for our clients. If you are customer-focused, have a passion for the events industry and enjoy being in a role where no two days are the same, then this role could be for you.
We are looking for Junior Account Managers who can demonstrate an exceptional attention to detail, excellent communication skills and an adaptable and flexible approach. You will be involved in planning, managing, and overseeing a number of events such as Silverstone (Formula 1 and Moto GP), The Jockey Club (Cheltenham Festival and Epsom Derby) and PGA European Tour. You will also collaborate with all internal stakeholders, ensuring that we deliver a first-class service and maximise the profitability of the event.
Not only will you support the delivery of various prestigious events, but you will be joining a dynamic team which delivers hundreds of events each year and has over 45 years’ experience in the stadia and event industries.
Our Junior Account Managers are responsible for the following;
- Oversee the set-up of each allocated event, liaising with the client, sub-contractors, and suppliers as appropriate, ensuring all units and hire equipment are sited according to plan.
- Monitor all aspects of sub-contractor presentation and performance on event day(s), ensuring company operating standards, policies and procedures are adhered to, directing, and troubleshooting as required.
- Ensure all activity, both front and back of house, complies with client policies, procedures, and safe systems of work for health and safety and food hygiene.
- Oversee the post-event breakdown, ensuring the site is left clean and tidy; all equipment is returned; cash is reconciled and secured; client reports are completed and submitted.
- Provide the Director with a detailed analysis post-event to include compilation and analysis of P&L, sub-contractor performance, efficiency, support equipment, problems encountered, and solutions implemented, suggestions for improvement.
- Assist with credit control as required, resolving issues with clients and sub-contractors to secure payment.
- Contribute to the overall performance of the division and company through making recommendations for improvements to policies and procedures, costs savings and new product/service offerings.
- Manage and develop new and existing client relationships through understanding their needs, keeping them informed, meeting their expectations, and introducing new products and services as appropriate.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to optimise group profitability and client/supplier satisfaction; Logistics to determine product listings/pricing for events and maximise sales through pre-event orders; Catering to allocate desired allocation; Marketing to implement brand placement and maximise consumer experience; Audit to ensure accurate recording and collection of takings.
- Undertake detailed and accurate planning for each event, including forecast P&L; ensure an appropriate variety of consumer offering; allocate, offer, and secure sub-contractors; ensure all logistical, staffing, and health and safety requirements are considered and prepared for.
- Provide comprehensive information packs to sub-contractors (including SFC operators) including anticipated attendance and logistical limitations, “must stock lists”, retail tariffs and passes.
- Oversee the welfare of your team at all times (both on and off site), ensuring they are transported safely, appropriately accommodated, receive appropriate breaks and are treated respectfully.
- Supervise all aspects of your team’s performance; monitoring, encouraging, coaching, guiding, and leading by example, and tackling any performance issues as they arise, liaising with HR Department as appropriate.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business.
- Comply with all company and legislative requirements
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate the following knowledge and experience;
- Demonstrable experience of effectively leading a team including managing performance, coaching, and handling conflict.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective business and customer relationships.
- Customer focused, driven by achievement and results, with the ability to present and sell an extended service offering.
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen, with a good grasp of profit and loss and the ability to apply to operational decisions.
- Good standard of administrative, numeracy and literacy ability, and fully IT literate (Excel to Intermediate level).
- Proven ability to manage a retail area including presentation, customer service and cash handling.
- Good working knowledge and practical application of Food Hygiene legislation.
- Good understanding of, and commitment to, working within best practice in relation to Health and Safety.
- Full valid UK driving licence;
- Minimum Level C in GCSE Maths and English.
- Qualified and competent in site-based health and safety requirements.
- Qualified and competent First Aider.
- Valid forklift licence.
- Level 3/4 Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Personal Licence Holder and able to act as Designated Premises Supervisor.
- Flexible, adaptable, and calm when working under pressure.
- Positive, self-motivated, good sense of humour.
- Resilient, tenacious, good attention to detail.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, ability to use initiative but not to “cut corners”.
- Honest and dependable.
- Passionate about events, brands and food & beverage service in high output environments.
- Able and willing to stay away from home frequently, and regularly work weekends.
Why work for Freemans?
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!
If you feel that you have the passion and experience to join the team, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via our website.