Join Our Head Office
Account Manager (Concessions)
Are you looking for a new challenge in an exciting company? At Freemans Event Partners we are looking for an Account Manager to join our Concessions team.
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public catering in the UK; we operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
You will be planning, managing and overseeing events, collaborating with and coordinating all internal stakeholders, ensuring we deliver a first-class service for our clients, customers and suppliers whilst maximising the profitability of the event and complying with all company and legislative requirements.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the set-up of each allocated event, liaising with the client, sub-contractors, and suppliers as appropriate, ensuring all units and hire equipment are sited according to plan
- Monitor all aspects of sub-contractor presentation and performance on event day(s), ensuring company operating standards, policies and procedures are adhered to, directing and trouble-shooting as required
- Ensure all activity, both front and back of house, complies with client policies, procedures and safe systems of work for health and safety and food hygiene
- Oversee the post-event breakdown, ensuring the site is left clean and tidy; all equipment is returned; cash is reconciled and secured; client reports are completed and submitted
- Provide the Director with a detailed analysis post-event to include; compilation and analysis of P&L, sub-contractor performance, efficiency, support equipment, problems encountered and solutions implemented, suggestions for improvement
- Assist with credit control as required, resolving issues with clients and sub-contractors to secure payment
- Contribute to the overall performance of the division and company through making recommendations for improvements to policies and procedures, costs savings and new product/service offerings
- Manage and develop new and existing client relationships through understanding their needs, keeping them informed, meeting their expectations and introducing new products and services as appropriate
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to optimise group profitability and client/supplier satisfaction; Logistics to determine product listings/pricing for events, and maximise sales through pre-event orders; Catering to allocate desired allocation; Marketing to implement brand placement and maximise consumer experience; Audit to ensure accurate recording and collection of takings
- Undertake detailed and accurate planning for each event, including forecast P&L; ensure an appropriate variety of consumer offering; allocate, offer and secure sub-contractors; ensure all logistical, staffing, and health and safety requirements are considered and prepared for
- Provide comprehensive information packs to sub-contractors (including SFC operators) including anticipated attendance and logistical limitations, “must stock lists”, retail tariffs and passes
- Oversee the welfare of your team at all times (both on and off site), ensuring they are transported safely, appropriately accommodated, receive appropriate breaks and are treated respectfully
- Supervise all aspects of your team’s performance; monitoring, encouraging, coaching, guiding and leading by example, and tackling any performance issues as they arise, liaising with HR Department as appropriate
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrable experience of effectively leading a team including managing performance, coaching and handling conflict
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective business and customer relationships
- Customer focused, driven by achievement and results, with the ability to present and sell an extended service offering
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen, with a good grasp of profit and loss and the ability to apply to operational decisions
- Good standard of administrative, numeracy and literacy ability, and fully IT literate (Excel to Intermediate level)
- Proven ability to manage a retail area including presentation, customer service and cash handling
- Good working knowledge and practical application of Food Hygiene legislation
- Good understanding of, and commitment to, working within best practice in relation to Health and Safety
- Full valid UK driving licence
- Physically fit and strong with high levels of stamina
- Minimum Level C in GCSE Maths and English
- Qualified and competent in site-based health and safety requirements
- Qualified and competent First Aider
- Valid fork lift licence
- Level 3/4 Food Hygiene Certificate
- Flexible, adaptable, and calm when working under pressure
- Positive, self-motivated, good sense of humour
- Resilient, tenacious, good attention to detail
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, ability to use initiative but not to “cut corners”
- Honest and dependable
- Passionate about events, brands and food & beverage service in high output environments
WHY WORK FOR FREEMANS?
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!