Join Our On Site Tech
3rd Line Field Engineer
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event and stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment values such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands
We are looking for a 3rd Line Field Engineer to join our busy Technologies division. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for deploying and supporting a range of temporary networks and POS/Payment technology that delivers flawless payment acceptance across event sites. Excellent communication and problem- solving skills will be required as well as some proven experience or interest in the Events Industry. An ability to successfully lead and manage an event team is highly valuable.
- Out of the box troubleshooting with the ability to combine information whilst understanding the large scale situation and having the skills to communicate with non-technical resources.
- Customer Support, taking calls from customers and solving technical issues remotely
- A proven track record of resolving and managing critical incidents
- Good understanding and knowledge of Windows 10, Windows 11 and Android
- Security knowledge (Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, Encryption, MFA Technologies)
- Scripting (Batch, PowerShell, etc)
- Provide on-site technical support to system users by troubleshooting issues and working directly with vendors to resolve major hardware and software problems.
- Maintain systems, install new equipment, and make modifications to client infrastructure as requested.
- Familiar with different client builds/imaging.
- Ability to pro-actively support and collaborate with service providers
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- A minimum of 4 years previous experience in a similar role as a 2nd/3rd Line Support
- Strong organisational skills.
- Willing to travel to and work within our Green Field and Stadia Events/Customers.
- Ability to adapt to the new and unfamiliar.
- Thrives in pressurised situations
- Windows Desktop Troubleshooting
- Firewall Troubleshooting
- Network Troubleshooting (VLANs, DNS, DHCP)
- Ability to experience in leading or managing a team
- Flexible, adaptable and calm when working under pressure.
- Positive, self-motivated, good sense of humour.
- Independent, resilient, tenacious, good attention to detail.
- Honest and dependable.
- Well-presented, personable, team player.
- Customer focused.
- Used to working in an operational role with high levels of stamina.
- Have a Valid UK Driving Licence.
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company pension scheme and employee assistance programme.
- Access to Medicash, a healthcare cash plan reimbursing the costs of dental treatments, optical and more! As a Medicash member, you can also access an online GP service as well as gym and retail discounts.
- The opportunity to earn some extra cash by using our refer a friend programme.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!