Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
Our Technologies division is the newest and most rapidly expanding team within Freemans Event Partners. We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team, as a Workshop Manager. The workshop is pivotal in ensuring successful event delivery- its core responsibility is to repair and refurbish faulty returned terminals and components from the field, as well as to prepare new equipment for installation and mass roll-out programs. In this Workshop Manager position, you will need to ensure all terminals and equipment are tested and repaired to the highest standard ensuring optimum reliability once installed.
Hours of Work: 8.30 am- 4.30 pm
Days of Work: Monday- Friday
Contract Type: Permanent
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test and repair all products relating to company business predominantly EPOS and PDQ machines.
- To supervise all employees within the workshop, give them daily jobs and spot checking all kit before deployment report any grievances to Line Manager.
- Ensure correct software and/or firmware is used on all repaired equipment.
- Follow test and repair procedures as instructed.
- Document all repair work as required and ensure the stock inventory system is kept up to date for parts used.
- Report any unusual faults that may need further investigation.
- Experience of creating and deploying PC Images using Symantec Ghost similar software.
- Ability to write and run scripts (VB, PowerShell etc.)
- Keep up to date with all repairs coming in, ensuring that stock levels are maintained as required by field staff.
- Occasionally provide on-site technical support during events, monitoring and trouble-shooting as required.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of emerging technology trends and developments in areas of interest and relevance to the business, contributing ideas for next generation solutions.
- Maintain & manage loan equipment to include MCS-rm software.
- Maintain and organise documentation and inventories to the highest standards, including production of; system configuration, knowledge base articles, procedures and diagrams and MCS-rm.
- Provide in-person training, create guides and videos for customers and other team members.
- To positively promote the IT Services Team, acting as a role model through promoting the activities, values and culture of the organisation.
- Undertake pre-arranged out of hours support when required, normally taken as time off in lieu.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must be able to work on own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload appropriately and meet challenging deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build effective 3rd party and colleague relationships
- Be happy with managing support contracts and RMA’s with 3rd party suppliers
- Possesses a passion for ICT, evidently keeps abreast of emerging technologies and analyses possible benefits to the company
- Understanding of, and commitment to, safe site working practices
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the unsociable working hours that are necessary in the events industry ( including weekends and long days at times)
- Forklift license
- Ability to work in and react to a changing environment, and respond pragmatically to problems as they arise
- Experience of diagnosing problems with TCP/IP based networks both Ethernet and wireless
- Experience of creating and deploying PC Images using Symantec Ghost similar software
- Training/qualifications in site Health and Safety
- Experience of working to Prince 2 principles and standards
- Understanding of events industry/experience of site-based working (exhibitions, conferences, green fields)
- Full UK driving license (with no more than 6 points for minor convictions)
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous 28 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme. As well as the opportunity to work in a fantastic, fun working environment with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities.. plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals!