Revenue Protection Officer
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK; we operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
Our Concessions division is looking for an individual to join their team, as the onsite Revenue Protection Officer, providing support to the Revenue Protection Manager and Finance Business Partner. This person will be responsible for delivering In-event and Post-event reporting both internally within the company and externally to our clients, partners and stakeholders. Maintaining company policies and procedures for event revenue reporting and protection, ensuring integrity, accuracy and security of all takings on-site and post event reconciliation.
Working Pattern: 8.30 am- 4.30 pm (flexible), 5 in 7 days per week
Location: Gloucester and various UK event sites
Contract Type: Permanent
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain on-site processes to ensure takings are handled efficiently and securely, and the paperwork supports onward reconciliation, banking and analysis;
- Manage the comprehensive audit process for concessionaires and event teams to ensure the accuracy and integrity of takings, facilitate efficient sub-contractor invoicing and timely reporting to the client;
- Ensuring Concessionaires implement must-stocks and agreed pricing structures during events;
- Participate in detailed forward planning to ensure adequate resources and effective systems are in place and communicated for all events, ensuring event managers and clients have the support and information they require;
- Establish a strong site presence and professional working relationship with all concessionaires to facilitate consistent information and results throughout the events calendar, and assist in the resolution of problems and complaints;
- Produce a detailed analysis for each event including actuals versus forecasts, takings by individual units and discrepancies;
- Personally undertake the role of cashier or cash controller as required, on site or in Head Office, processing and reconciling transactions efficiently and accurately;
- Provide support with reconciling PDQ income and assistance with the set-up of Epos systems on site;
- Provide support to the Account Managers and Office Administrators
- Manage the risks involved with cash handling in line with company policy and insurances; and
- Maintain safe processes for managing cards, cash and vouchers via daily cash ups of outlets at major events.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Good numeracy and literacy ability (minimum GCSE Level A in Maths and C in English);
- Fully ICT literate, competent in all MS Office with Excel to Intermediate standard as a minimum;
- Experience of SAGE;
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role, with responsibility for large volumes of cash in a retail environment, and fast, accurate turnaround times;
- Proven ability to devise and implement clear, efficient processes and reports;
- Effective communicator with good interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective business and colleague relationships;
- Strong administrative skills and high levels of accuracy;
- Full, valid, UK driving license;
- Experience of working across multiple, mobile sites and the challenges this brings; and
- Experience of working with EPOS systems and Device Magic.
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous 28 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme. As well as a fantastic, fun working environment with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.