Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK; we operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
Our Bars division is looking for an individual to join their rapidly growing team. This person will support the Operations Manager in planning and delivering a first-class service for the client and consumer. Responsibilities will be to lead, plan and co-ordinate the operations for bar set-up and break down, identifying and passing best practice to colleagues. Where necessary also leading the event team with overarching responsibility for staffing, stock and cash on site.
Salary: £28,000 (potential increase to £30,000 after probation)
Days of work: 5 in 7 (able and willing to stay away from home frequently, especially at weekends)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work: Full time
Location: Gloucester and various UK event sites
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Operations Manager, plan, within budget, events delivering the direction of the client including completion of planning minutes and bar operations schedule packs.
- Support the Heads of Staffing, Stock and Finance Manager in planning their areas of events.
- Within budget, manage the event (or your part of the whole) including, set-up, delivery and breakdown, in line with Health and Safety (H&S) regulation, Bars objectives and client standards.
- Complete H&S risk assessment ensuring that all Freemans staff, contractors and visitors follow your recommendations.
- Lead your team in all aspects of setting up an event; setting up bars, sorting out the infrastructure and dressing the site by e.g. setting out tables, fences, flags and flowers.
- Communicate with bar managers and ensure they manage their bars and keep to the process set and completing any paperwork and managers packs.
- Support the Stock, Staffing and Cash leads on site; ensure they deliver their part of the plan and manage changes in a timely fashion.
- As required be the Personal License Holder for the event and keep to the licensing laws (including Challenge 21/25 etc) of the event and ensure bars are closed at the time given.
- Ensure that staff are professional, fit to do the job (alcohol and drugs) and in the correct uniform.
- Ensure stock and cash are correctly managed by the cash and stock leads for the event.
- If directed take on the role of stock or cash event lead. (Likely in small events).
- Ensure all equipment is secure and accounted for before during and after an event.
- Communicate with your team effectively, so they understand their duties and responsibilities and have the information and training required to carry out their roles.
- Lead your team’s performance by setting the highest possible example; monitoring, encouraging, coaching, guiding and tackling any performance issues as they arise.
- Direct the security team to prevent or deal with any security issues that arise during an event. (e.g. Prevention of crime disorder, public safety, prevention of public nuisance, protect of children from harm, forged identification documents or counterfeit money)
- Manage post-event breakdown.
- Complete a site handover certificate, making sure the site is left clean and tidy and all stock and equipment is returned and that client requirements with regards to recycling and refuse disposal are adhered to.
- Keep within any budgets set by the Operations manager and the finance controller and adhere to the process they put in place.
- Keep and enforce the Freemans Event Partners Behaviour and Skills framework.
- Always drive Freemans Event Partner vehicles (or those hired) in a responsible fashion being responsible for all charges and fines in a timely fashion.
- Keep the Operations Manager updated with progress, especially if the event plan is deviated from, or budget limits will be broken.
- Record all expenditure using the Purchase Order (PO) system.
- Report security breaches immediately, with a regular update on what action has been taken.
- Give feedback and assist clients with their needs as required.
- Under direction of the Head of Staffing, complete post event staff appraisal, communicating good and bad performance to individuals.
- Record own working hours on timesheets and submit to Operations Manager for authorisation;
- Provide the Operations Manager with a post-event report to include problems encountered, solutions implemented and suggestions for improvement.
- Review the event pack with the Ops Manager and the Finance team.
- Maintenance and safe storage of bar furniture and equipment;
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- Personal Licence Holder;
- Full manual driving licence
- Qualified and competent to tow and operate a Counterbalance and Reach Forklift Truck.
- Previous experience of managing a bar;
- Physically fit with high levels of stamina;
- Experience of undertaking manual work in an outdoor environment;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, ability to use initiative but not to cut corners;
- IT literate with a basic understanding of MS Office;
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous 28 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme. As well as a fantastic, fun working environment with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.