Event Lead Technician
Freemans Event Partners are the leading provider of event & stadium public catering in the UK. We operate at over 400 events a year, working in partnership with prestigious sporting and entertainment venues such as Silverstone and Wembley, and enjoying excellent supplier relationships with market-leading brands. We are a dynamic and rapidly expanding business, with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
Our Technologies’ division is the newest and most rapidly growing area of the business. Within this exciting division we have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated person, on a full time basis to join our team. The role will include installing and supporting on-site communication and interactive services at the various event venues, along with deploying a range of temporary networks and equipment.
Contract: Permanent, Full-time role
Working Patterns: 5 in 7 days, including weekends
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000 p.a DOE
- Execute event technical solutions, working to Event Packs
- Undertake the build-up of venue specific requirements, including the positioning, installation, allocation and operation of technical equipment and the asset tracking of such equipment;
- Install EPOS/PDQ solutions within a temporary environment, providing full capability and user training to both internal and external customers;·Ensure deployed solutions are PCI compliant where required;
- Ensure that all technological solutions are tested and in correct working order prior to live event;
- Provide clear briefings and communication to clients and end users on how the system is setup/performing/operating.
- Provide on-site technical support for the deployed infrastructure during an event, monitoring performance, diagnosing and fixing issues as they arise, providing a fast response service to issues and queries;
- Undertake the breakdown of event/venue specific equipment including the de-rigging and storage of any mobile technology upon completion;
- Install both fibre and copper cabling throughout a venue as required, and deploy WIFI connectivity;
- Ensure that all site Health & Safety rules, procedures and requirements are adhered to at all times, and safe working practices are adopted;
- Be the onsite Single Point of Contact at the Event(s) escalations
In return for your hard work, we offer a generous 28 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top, life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme and a fantastic, fun working environment with fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities, plus the opportunity to be involved in some of the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals.
This role will be working 5 days in 7, including weekends and travel away from home.
Gloucester or London based candidates considered.